Help...cricket overload!

I fed our 2 hatchlings (only 2 weeks old) for their last meal of the day. I didn't have on my glasses and shook off way more pinheads than I intended. I know crickets can be problematic for reptiles...is that the case for pinheads as well? There are a good 30 or more in the cage with the girls. Am I good or what should I do?
20210819_181100.jpg

Omg what a disaster. So after I took the picture I thought...I'll just take out the fake plant and shake them back into the cricket tote. Ummm....can anyone say chasing baby crickets all over the house 😂🙈 I had to change the paper towels today anyway and when I lifted them, I'd say a good hundred were under there. So glad I went a head and cleaned the cage. Lesson learned...always have my glasses on when I'm feeding the babies 🤣

Omg what a disaster. So after I took the picture I thought...I'll just take out the fake plant and shake them back into the cricket tote. Ummm....can anyone say chasing baby crickets all over the house 😂🙈
I don't bother anymore. Feeder crickets don't live long in this (northeast US) climate. They only live a day or two in the chameleon enclosure (those not eaten).

I had to change the paper towels today anyway and when I lifted them, I'd say a good hundred were under there. So glad I went a head and cleaned the cage. Lesson learned...always have my glasses on when I'm feeding the babies 🤣
I can definitely relate to that. 🤓

Back
Top Bottom