HELP! Cloudy squinting eye and scratching eye

Bubblestheousaletchameleo

Established Member
Hi I got a new male panther chameleon and he had this one eye after shedding that was cloudy and he was scratching it and rubbing it on the branches in his cage

• Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, sex male , About 6 months. Has been in my care for 4 days.
  • Handling - I would only handle him to get him to his tree or just a check up so like 1-2 times a week.
  • Feeding - he has been fed crickets, dubia roaches , and horn worms but I don’t feed him horn worms daily.
  • Supplements - I use flukers calcium I will give the crickets and dubias a light sprink of it daily.
  • Watering - I don’t have a dripper but I will mist his cage for 60 seconds 3 times a day.
  • Fecal Description - his feces look normal for a chameleon and he’s been pooping normally.
  • History - I don’t have history with him yet

• Cage Info:

• Cage Type - screen cage 18"L X 18"W X 36"H
  • Lighting - 75 Watt Basking light and 10.0 UVB florescent bulb, 12 hour cycles, they go on at 8pm and off about 8pm.
  • Temperature - usually 80-85 in the day time and night time is usually 60-70
  • Humidity - humidity is usually 75-80
  • Plants - 4 ficus trees
  • Placement - This cage is in my room I have a vent that will bring new air in and let the old air out
  • Location - California San Diego

• Current Problem - 1 eye has been cloudy after a shedding and he’s been scratching it on branches In his cage.

Attachments

• C172215C-69A5-46CF-B0B1-F74AE594CFE5.jpeg
    C172215C-69A5-46CF-B0B1-F74AE594CFE5.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 705A023F-5B5C-4FFB-9001-E19D93D444FD.jpeg
    705A023F-5B5C-4FFB-9001-E19D93D444FD.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 117
Did he have the eye problem when you first got him? You need to go to the vet ASAP. Whatever it is (be it shed, and eye infection, or whatever else) a vet is needed. It's only going to get worse. And it looks pretty serious already. Your cham is already irritated by whatever it is. I can guarantee that everyone else here will agree with me that you need a vet appointment.

I gtg but I can come back online later to help you out with your form if no one else jumps in.

Did he have the eye problem when you first got him? You need to go to the vet ASAP. Whatever it is (be it shed, and eye infection, or whatever else) a vet is needed. It's only going to get worse. And it looks pretty serious already. Your cham is already irritated by whatever it is. I can guarantee that everyone else here will agree with me that you need a vet appointment.

I gtg but I can come back online later to help you out with your form if no one else jumps in.
Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom