Help Chameleon fell from the top of the cage!

So when my chameleon ate a bug from the top of the cage. He fell all the way to the bottom of the cage. He got caught in the plant at the bottom so he didnt hit the bottom. I am worried about him because he has barly moved from the spot in the plant. It has been almost an hour. I moved him closer to the light, and gave him a bug. He ate it but is still not moving. I am still worried about him though.

IMG_20211219_160129.jpg

I'd say keep an eye on him...but chameleons evolved with dropping from trees as a natural defense from predators like snakes. So hopefully he will be OK. Maybe some bruises from the fall depending on how the plant caught him. Keep an eye out for him using his legs, black spots which would indicate bruises or broken ribs, and get him to a vet if you see anything off. He may just be a bit shocked and scared hence not moving much.

Like @bbyoda said...keep,an eye on him...get him to a vet if anything is off.
Whether he is injured or not will likely have to do with what he hit on the way down and how hard he hit it. It sometimes takes them a while to move after it happens.

Back
Top Bottom