Help, cham had seizure(?)

otterpop

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veiled, female, 5 months old (ish? not sure) and she has been in my care for three months
  • Handling - every other day
  • Feeding - 5-10 crickets or 10-15 small meal worms, gut loaded with various veggies (usually spinach, carrot, kale, potato)
  • Supplements - dusted daily with calcium no D3, twice a month dusted with reptivite
  • Watering - long hand misting twice a day, dripper sometimes used
  • Fecal Description - looks normal
  • History - came from petco (before I knew better)

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - full screen 1.5'x3' cage
  • Lighting - reptisun 10.0 and a white heat lamp (I cant remember what its called)
  • Temperature -about 90-95 f under basking lamp, in low 80's at bottom of cage
  • Plants - several different varieties of live pothos plants that she eats often
  • Placement - next to a window sorta, in my bedroom, (pretty low traffic) three feet off the ground
  • Location - south carolina

Current Problem - Went to clean her cage today and tried to get her out so I could do everything I needed to do and she was more resistant to being handled than normal. Once in my hand she suddenly curled up, turned pale and her eyes started frantically shaking. They closed, she opened her mouth and I thought she was going to die in my hand. Then she sorta came-to, and I let her slowly back onto her branch. she weakly crawled towards her lamp and curled up on a fake plant i have suspended from the top of the cage. She hasn't been eating for the past three days, but she has been drinking. now she's slowly crawling around with a dark grey color on. please offer any insights. I'm extremely worried.

--------------

Hi there and welcome. I would advice an experienced reptile vet now. See my remarks in red on your help form

• Your Chameleon - veiled, female, 5 months old (ish? not sure) and she has been in my care for three months
  • Handling - every other day
  • Feeding - 5-10 crickets or 10-15 small meal worms, gut loaded with various veggies (usually spinach, carrot, kale, potato) Do not feed meal worms they have a very low nutritional value and can be a risk for impaction. She should be eating about 12 feeders a day right now. Need to vary her diet and gutload appropriately. See images below.
  • Supplements - dusted daily with calcium no D3, twice a month dusted with reptivite
  • Watering - long hand misting twice a day, dripper sometimes used
  • Fecal Description - looks normal
  • History - came from petco (before I knew better)

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - full screen 1.5'x3' cage Please take pics of enclosure lighting down.
  • Lighting - reptisun 10.0 and a white heat lamp (I cant remember what its called) is the reptisun the T5HO long linear fixture or are you using a compact bulb?
  • Temperature -about 90-95 f under basking lamp, in low 80's at bottom of cage WAY to hot at basking level. She should be no hotter then 85.
  • Plants - several different varieties of live pothos plants that she eats often
  • Placement - next to a window sorta, in my bedroom, (pretty low traffic) three feet off the ground
  • Location - south carolina

Current Problem - Went to clean her cage today and tried to get her out so I could do everything I needed to do and she was more resistant to being handled than normal. Once in my hand she suddenly curled up, turned pale and her eyes started frantically shaking. They closed, she opened her mouth and I thought she was going to die in my hand. Then she sorta came-to, and I let her slowly back onto her branch. she weakly crawled towards her lamp and curled up on a fake plant i have suspended from the top of the cage. She hasn't been eating for the past three days, but she has been drinking. now she's slowly crawling around with a dark grey color on. please offer any insights. I'm extremely worried.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

chameleon-food(1).jpg

chameleon-uvb-light.jpg

chameleon-non-uvb-light.jpg

chameleon-supplements.jpg

chameleon-gutload.jpg

Back
Top Bottom