HELP!!! Can I leave my chameleon for a day?

Ok I just got my new veiled chameleon 2 days ago and I was wondering if it would be bad to leave him. I can "hire" my dad to mist him, the lights turn off and on automatically and since he is new I thought we wouldent eat so maybe giving him a day to himself and I would be leaving at around 12:00 AM and comming back the next day around 1-3 PM. Is this a bad idea, I was going to put a couple crickets in there any way. he is about 3 months old:eek:

Yeah your fine.

This is the reason for paying high prices to "automate" your chameleons care as much as possible.

An automatic mister and a few timers are going to be your new best friends.

maybe have a Dixie cup with a pin hole and ice cubes on top of the screen roof (if you have a screen on top), dripping on a plastic plant, and strategically placing a collection cub / bowl below would make sure he / she were getting water and keep the humidity up?

maybe have a Dixie cup with a pin hole and ice cubes on top of the screen roof (if you have a screen on top), dripping on a plastic plant, and strategically placing a collection cub / bowl below would make sure he / she were getting water and keep the humidity up?
That's a really good idea if you don't have a dripper or mister.

Don't you do it Mr.!! .....I'm just kidding. @Scout is correct...automation is the key. Invest in a automated misting system later on and you won't even have to hire your Dad!

Back
Top Bottom