Help...baby sick

Iris

One of my babies has always been smaller than the others and has always had a harder time getting food. His tongue is slower and doesn't go as far. So, I have always fed him separately, often having to injure his fruit flies so he can catch them. The last couple of days, he has been very sluggish. He sleeps during the day...and I know that's not good. He also is not eating. Every now and then I can get him to eat, but then it's only one fly. When he does wake up, he only opens one eye. Is there anything I can do? Anyway to feed him if he doesn't seem interested in the food?

Any suggestions would be very helpful. I am very attached to all of them, but especially this one since he has taken more effort than the others. They were born July 19th. One died shortly after birth. The other eight are all doing well except this little baby.

:( :( :( :( :(

I'm glad to see you've had such a low mortality rate for your first neonates. My advice would be to separate that one from the others immediately. It's really the best chance for his survival. Not all young do good in a group environment. Even if he doesn't make it, don't feel bad, this happens. You might also try providing him with a dish of pinhead crickets for variety, if you're not already doing so.

:eek:(

Thank you for your response. The baby died this morning. :( I got up at 1:00 am, because my fiance' is coming home from Iraq this morning. The baby was laying on the floor of the cage. I picked him up, and he looked around...even opened both eyes, but he was not moving. He looked at me for a few minutes, then his tongue came out, and he was gone. :(

so sorry...

thats so sad, i'm so sorry for your loss... the silver lining to it all is that he held on until someone was there for him. that is important, he knew somone loves him.

Back
Top Bottom