Help ASAP Panther chameleon eggs

cindyloo

I believe my female panther has laid her eggs.. Should I move them to incubation container now (9:56 pm) or wait til morning? Please answer asap..

Yes she did all that and is back in her plant... Not sure if she actually did lay but she dug hole and covered it back up and is now back in the branches..

I wouldnt worry about it until the morning, there have been plenty of cases were chameleons lay the eggs at night because they feel safer at night. You dont want to stress her out any more than you have to. Let her be tonight, turn the lights off and go to bed. First thing in the morning, try to remove them out of the cage without disturbing her to much. Dig them out and wash them with luke warm (not hot water) Prepare your incubation process and go ahead and get everything underway. As for your girl, you need to make sure she is well hydrated as well you are feeding her extra food with some calcium to help her along (Reptiworms and silks would be great for this if you have them) This is just my two cents, and I hope it helps:) Good Luck

I do not recommend washing the eggs...see this article concerning that...
http://www.chameleonnews.com/03MarStrand.html
Personally I would dig the eggs up ASAP once the female has returned to the branches. The longer you leave them where they were laid the bigger the chance they will dry out. It's usually recommended that you don't turn the eggs when removing them. You can read the article in the above link for information on incubating them too. The temperature can be between 72 and 74F.

Yeah!! 35 eggs successfully retrieved..

Attachments

• 1414998508463.jpg
    1414998508463.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 178
Ive incubated eggs before, but not with Chameleons. This looks great fun. I take it this is your first time raising baby chams? How hard was it to get your chams to mate?

Back
Top Bottom