HELP. Ants!!!!!!

Mjdwicinski

Just came home to find my cricket bin invaded with ants. Now I'm scared to leave my roach bin outside too. Anything I can do to defeat the ants in the future??

Had the same thing before, I've made legs on my bins and used small foodcans with water in to put the legs in. Dont have an ant issue any more as they cant get through the water to get up to the bins

Some type of water trap should work. Also, put some dish soap in there for extra protection. One member awhile back said that some of the ants attacking his feeders actually crawled on the backs of other ants across the water. It was like they made a bridge of ants!!!

Try orange peals, I have used them in my house near the windows where they were coming in from and it seam to work.

I believe they got to be fresh, once they dry out they don't do good.

Let me know if it works for you.

if you lay a line of 1/4" wide band of Cinnamon around the bin the ants will not cross it - you can also use baby powder - K, have to tell you this :p my husband just asked what I was typing, I told him " how to get rid of ants" - his answer - his is a DORK- !! " Get rid of the Uncles , then you wont have any Aunts- " see what I put up with people :p :p

I appreciate all of these solutions. Think my easiest and best bet for right now is a rack with the legs set in a cup of some liquid substance.

Now that was funny!!!:D:D:D:D:D You are lucky to have such a clever, wise, and comical husband!:p

if you lay a line of 1/4" wide band of Cinnamon around the bin the ants will not cross it - you can also use baby powder - K, have to tell you this :p my husband just asked what I was typing, I told him " how to get rid of ants" - his answer - his is a DORK- !! " Get rid of the Uncles , then you wont have any Aunts- " see what I put up with people :p :p

Also if you have any cornmeal and can find the entrance to an ant hill near your home you can pour some near it they will it eat and when they drink water it will expand in their stomach and make them explode sort of XD This way it kills the queen. But this is only useful if you are lucky enough to find their home. I have dealt with ants for quite a while, they aren't attracted to our liquid bait traps and eventually we had to call an exterminator to have the house baited. But if you only have a few ants cornmeal works wonders for baiting. Petroleum jelly sometimes works for keeping ants out. Smearing a thick line on the outside of the container but like water traps they can sometimes build bridges over it. Good luck ^^

Great information. I had no ides that cinnamon or baby powder would work for ants. By the way....your husband is funny. Had a good chuckle over this post...lol:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom