help!! advice needed asap

Stacey5089

one of my baby panthers have burst through the side of the egg and is still inside its egg sac but outside of the egg what should i do???

A pic here would be very helpful, but he just came out of the shell, have soem patience. I have had them take up to 2 days to completely come out once they pip through the shell.

Again, please share a pic if you do not think this helps you to clarify what you are seeing.

A pic here would be very helpful, but he just came out of the shell, have soem patience. I have had them take up to 2 days to completely come out once they pip through the shell.

Again, please share a pic if you do not think this helps you to clarify what you are seeing.

but the baby is still in its sac and its head is inside the egg still ill take a picture 2 minutes

can you see its all curled up still in its sac? my boyfriend actually watched it happen he was just looking at the egg and all of a sudden it popped and the baby came out!!

Attachments

• DSC_2564.jpg
    DSC_2564.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_2565.jpg
    DSC_2565.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_2567.jpg
    DSC_2567.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_2568.jpg
    DSC_2568.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 157
You could try and cut it out very carefully. I have never seen one come through the side like that. If it were me, I would leave it and see what happens. I don't usually cut babies out of the egg. If they are not strong enough to make it out on their own they more than likely will have issues later on in my opinion. I am interested to see what happens to that one whatever you decide to do.

You could try and cut it out very carefully. I have never seen one come through the side like that. If it were me, I would leave it and see what happens. I don't usually cut babies out of the egg. If they are not strong enough to make it out on their own they more than likely will have issues later on in my opinion. I am interested to see what happens to that one whatever you decide to do.

ok thanks i dont realy want to cut it out of the sac so i think i will just wait and see what happens i think its still alive:) when babies come out the end of the egg are they in sacs still at first?? when i found my first 2 hatchlings they had already been out for hours so im not sure if thats normal or not!

It's not normal. Pipped eggs usually have a head sticking out for a few days with no sack around them. That baby is pretty much still inside the egg with a clearer view of the outside world. He might stay that way for some time. Please let me know how it turns out.

It's not normal. Pipped eggs usually have a head sticking out for a few days with no sack around them. That baby is pretty much still inside the egg with a clearer view of the outside world. He might stay that way for some time. Please let me know how it turns out.

I will let you know how it turns out im just going to leave it alone and see if it brakes through the sac do you think it might hatch still?? And what if it dries out?

happening here also

Happened with one of my veils. Like a growth started on outside of egg, then popped and leaked. Almost positive not fungal, as it did happen to a couple others. All have pretty much hatched though, with no issues. Everyone is healthy and happy. Kinda weird. Recommendation: if you do decide to cut it out, make sure you leave the yolk sac intact. Important to help get through the extra days it may have missed in the egg. Will absorb and drop off in about 1-3 days. Baby cham may lay in fetal position during that time also, but will eventually get up all nomal like, if survives. A possible clue: these eggs took one month longer than another clutch laid 4 days prior, in same incubator. They grew to be big eggs!!!

Happened with one of my veils. Like a growth started on outside of egg, then popped and leaked. Almost positive not fungal, as it did happen to a couple others. All have pretty much hatched though, with no issues. Everyone is healthy and happy. Kinda weird. Recommendation: if you do decide to cut it out, make sure you leave the yolk sac intact. Important to help get through the extra days it may have missed in the egg. Will absorb and drop off in about 1-3 days. Baby cham may lay in fetal position during that time also, but will eventually get up all nomal like, if survives. A possible clue: these eggs took one month longer than another clutch laid 4 days prior, in same incubator. They grew to be big eggs!!!

Did you keep it moist in anyway?? Im glad yours hatched that makes me feel a little better:) it is realy cool being able to see the baby in the sac I guess its something most people dont get to see but I have another egg hatching the normal way the end had been slit just waiting for it to come out but I was wondering if it will do any damage to the baby in the sac??

Back
Top Bottom