hello

Hi my name is Jesse and my chams name is pascal he is a male vieled chameleon about 5 months old I am a somewhat new user I have two other lizards one is a adult bearded dragon and I have a leapord gecko which I am probably going to breed soon and I am going to get a Jacksons cham soon, so me and pascal say hi lol:)

Hello back LOL this hobby is very addicting I have a panther and 6 dart frogs which is a crazy addiction

there are two jacksons up at the petshop near me it's a shame the enclosure costs so much money because they are sub adults for $100 :( my best friend has a bearded, a uromastyx (i bought it for them) and they recently got a savannah monitor baby so I'm living vicariously through them. i just had a baby and i had to get rid of everything exotic but my bird and tarantula and my bird passed away so it gave me good reason to get a new pet :eek: :D

I'm sorry to hear that you had to get rid of your lizards and about you bird, the Jacksons that I want would be 90$ I have the cage already so that is way easier. Lol

there are two jacksons up at the petshop near me it's a shame the enclosure costs so much money because they are sub adults for $100 :( my best friend has a bearded, a uromastyx (i bought it for them) and they recently got a savannah monitor baby so I'm living vicariously through them. i just had a baby and i had to get rid of everything exotic but my bird and tarantula and my bird passed away so it gave me good reason to get a new pet :eek: :D

I'm sorry to hear that you had to get rid of your lizards and about you bird, the Jacksons that I want would be 90$ I have the cage already so that is way easier. Lol

Hello, just some advice from a long time chameleon keeper. Do not buy from a pet store. Maybe a couple are ok but most to not care for the chameleons correctly, give you very bad information on what you will need, sell you crap you have no use for, and miss very important stuff.
If you look at the classifieds here on the forums you will see chams for sale. Also our sponsors, in the upper right hand corner, have all kinds of chams for sale.

The cost of your chameleon is small compared to maintaining a chameleon properly.

If we can help you just ask away. Also based on locations we might be able to put you in touch with a breeder.

Hello, just some advice from a long time chameleon keeper. Do not buy from a pet store. Maybe a couple are ok but most to not care for the chameleons correctly, give you very bad information on what you will need, sell you crap you have no use for, and miss very important stuff.

Unless the pet store is owned by a chameleon breeder... :D

Unless the pet store is owned by a chameleon breeder... :D

Chad considering that I happily buy from you, I would never tell anyone not to shop with you!!! I am very sorry, I should have stated it better. Mostly I wanted to say stay away from the big chain stores but some of the other pet stores are also not first class like you.

The best way to know what you are getting is know what the cham should look like if it is healthy, and what you need for it so, you come away with the correct supplies.

I would also like to add that a lot of people consider Jacksons to be first time chams. But take it from me I had raised veiled chameleons for almost 19 years with very little problem. I now own a female Jackson and I must say don't expect the Jackson to be as easy as the veiled. Their humidity levels are much more demanding. And If there is a more picky eater out there I hope I never run into it. Veiled's will eat just about anything you throw at them. They come running at you the minute you show them the food. Jacksons look at the food like well I don't know if I'm hungry, or if I want it. Mine now insist I let it touch a vine or forget about it. And they need more water, and don't always drink so you have to keep an eye on that all the time even if you have an automated misting system. I love her to death, but the stress level goes way up with these guys. Definitely not a first cham choice IMHO. :)

Hey Jessie my name is Jackson and my 5-Month old male Veiled Chameleons name is Stanley, I am also fairly new to the site and me and Stan say hello! Pascal looks very preety!

i just wanted to ask some one if it is a good thing for me to breed jacksons because i am 12 and i only have like 2 to like 3 years experience with lizards, but i am home all day because i am home schooled so i will be able to spend more time with them, and i changed my mind on getting the jacksons at that pet store i think i am going to get it from lllreptiles online just wanted to get advice on this.

I have 12 chameleons and 7 of those are Jackson's. Caring for an adult or subadult Jackson's is not so hard as long as you keep the temps low and the humidity high. But Jackson's babies have a very high rate of death; more so than most other species. In fact, some breeders believe there is a kind of Jackson's SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) that threatens baby Jackson's for the first 5 or 6 months of their lives. They can be fine one day and then die suddenly without an obvious explanation. I have a Jackson that is currently 8 months pregnant. I've been waiting for her to have her babies for the past two months since I set up the "nursery." I am both excited and terrified at the thought of trying to keep all those babies alive…I plan on following the guidelines and techniques of forum member LoveReps who has been very successful raising Jackson babies. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (As well as raising LOTS & LOTS of fruit flies and bean beetles to feed all those little mouths.)

thank you for the information always can take more of that i im reading a thing of a guy that has breeded jacksons and he has all the info on that he said that he had 42 babies live at one time. i hope all this works out.:)

Good luck. Little warning it's not much fun raising them to 4-5 months and watching them die for no apparent reason.:(

But hopefully you know something I didn't. Will be looking forward to seeing your progress.

Back
Top Bottom