Hello there! Newb here

Ron Waldo

Hello, my name is Ron and this is our new Jackson's named Millie. I'm not sure her age but we've had her for about 2 months.

She has never been in a cage since we have owned her and I was hoping for some input from you guys on our current set up. Her ex-closure walls are 24in wide by 6.5ft tall, with 2 fake trees and a hanging pothos. She has 2 lights, 1 solar glow 125w and a reptile uvb100. She also has a plastic cup that she feeds from daily. Currently I'm misting 3 times a day but within the next month I plan on getting a MistKing starter package.

I decided to go with the solar glow because the light is about 40in away from where she bask at and it keeps her basking spot around 82°F

So far she has not tried to escape her tree although she does like to climb all the way to the top of the pothos.

Anyways, just wanted to show you guys what I had so far and look forward to any tips you guys could provide. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from yall
IMG_20200301_105649.jpg

i would suggest setting up lights more like this for starters. https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...e-chameleon-condos-with-drainage-pans.146593/
make it so the lights are the highest point. Your cham isn't getting enough UVB hanging out above the pothos

Those are absolutely beautiful Hangouts for your chams. Mine doesn't climb the pothos very often, that's why I have them where they are.

Her routine is to wake up, mist, eat, and then explore. Once she is done exploring, she sits in her basking spot for pretty much the rest of the day. If I notice her up on the pothos more often, I will definitely take your recommendation and move her lights up there

This is where she spends most of her day.

About an hour before the lights go off she will sit about 1 foot lower than where she is currently.

I mist her about 0730am and then she will move towards the plastic cup and eat

She climbs around for about an hour or 2 and then she settles in this spot until the evening when she climbs around again.

Then she moves to her sleeping spot around 6-630pm
IMG_20200301_182146.jpg

I keep both my veiled similar. I have had them both a year
I have been using the solar glo since about 3-4 months and they are very healthy. I don’t think you need the second bulb, especially for Jackson’s . It may even be too much.
If they are any thing like mine he will get down. I have been repeatedly surprised.
The good part is they learn to like their home and stay. So long as set is right. Yours looks great.
Have you thought of that spray seal on wood? I want to try it.

I keep both my veiled similar. I have had them both a year
I have been using the solar glo since about 3-4 months and they are very healthy. I don’t think you need the second bulb, especially for Jackson’s . It may even be too much.
If they are any thing like mine he will get down. I have been repeatedly surprised.
The good part is they learn to like their home and stay. So long as set is right. Yours looks great.
Have you thought of that spray seal on wood? I want to try it.

That's a beautiful set up.

I will look into removing the second light. Maybe just keep it off for a few days and see how Millie reacts.

I haven't used the spray seal but the wood does have a sealant on it to protect it from water. The only reason for the wood walls is because I didn't want the actual walls getting soaked everyday.

What mister do you use? I'm looking into getting a MistKing soon

That's a beautiful set up.

I will look into removing the second light. Maybe just keep it off for a few days and see how Millie reacts.

I haven't used the spray seal but the wood does have a sealant on it to protect it from water. The only reason for the wood walls is because I didn't want the actual walls getting soaked everyday.

What mister do you use? I'm looking into getting a MistKing soon

Thank you. I use a mistKing. I think they are better for only about a 30 dollar difference. I like that the reservoir can be as large or small as I want. The others have built in reservoir. MistKing is also more expandable.

Back
Top Bottom