Hello New to Forum

Pickle-cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello my Names Lee, i have joined the forum to research gain some knowledge before getting my first Chameleon hopefully when lock-down lifts.
I haven't decided yet on Veiled yet or Panther but have already purchased a reptibreeze xl and have some arcadia t8 starters for a uv bulb (not yet got). Planning to gave some real plants, Well everything else basically going too see me popping up with usual newb questions, so welcome to suggestions, but im pretty chill will try hunt out previously answer posts. Well cant wait to take care of one these amazing animals as are family pet?

Btw, the reason people are probably not replying is because the lizard lounge tends to be a little empty lol. Don't take it personally!

Yeah i know from keeping tropicals fish that t5 trump the old t8s, but have two starters gathering dust since changing to led's in fishtank. Thought i could recycle them since the moisture proof.
Will they not give me enough UV ?
Not the correct levels of UVI for a panther or a Veiled. Some people still use them but you would want to find info on distances from fixture to basking. T5's are prefered now for both species. They are typically used for species needing cooler temps and lower UVI levels.

Not the correct levels of UVI for a panther or a Veiled. Some people still use them but you would want to find info on distances from fixture to basking. T5's are prefered now for both species. They are typically used for species needing cooler temps and lower UVI levels.
Is this with all the brands of t8's bulbs available and wattage i have 18watt & a higher wattage one 24 i think, is there a good lighting discussion/sticky resource you could direct me too. All i was aware of so far that the compact uv bulbs no good.

Thanks answered a question I already had looking through the shared resource i should get 6% an place it on mesh with reflector using the old t8 tech according to this chart

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-232914.png
    Screenshot_20200423-232914.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 126
Thanks answered a question I already had looking through the shared resource i should get 6% an place it on mesh with reflector using the old t8 tech according to this chart
Your welcome. But see how much closer you have to be to the light now. To get that 1-3 uvi range you have to be 2-5 inches away... So just be really careful to accommodate for your basking fixture it will have to be raised up quite a bit to avoid thermal burns.

Back
Top Bottom