Hello new panther chameleon!

Im also in florida so its nice and humid here i mist him 3-4 times a day and put his dripper on 3 times a day. Im home all day so i just sit here and watch him and hes very active. He moves to different spots in the cage to bask. Hes eating well about 10 crickets a day more or less. I feed him a superworm every other day. I dust his food with calcium. vitamins once a week.
What is your supplementation like? If you are giving a multivitamin every week, you are giving him too much. Even tho he is eating normally and very active, continuing to give your cham the wrong supplementation can build up over time and result in problems down the road.

Is your calcium w d3 or without d3 ? Are your supplements phosphorous free?

What is your supplementation like? If you are giving a multivitamin every week, you are giving him too much. Even tho he is eating normally and very active, continuing to give your cham the wrong supplementation can build up over time and result in problems down the road.

Is your calcium w d4 or without d3 ? Are your supplements phosphorous free?
@TheMightyMonarch what brands do you use as well?

Is your calcium w d3 or without d3 ? Are your supplements phosphorous free?
Without d3 on the calcium and the vitamin i only just gave him yesterday for the first time is reptivite it has dicalcium phosphate is closest thing i see as phosphorous but im not sure if thats the same thing or not.

Im also in florida so its nice and humid here i mist him 3-4 times a day and put his dripper on 3 times a day. Im home all day so i just sit here and watch him and hes very active. He moves to different spots in the cage to bask. Hes eating well about 10 crickets a day more or less. I feed him a superworm every other day. I dust his food with calcium. vitamins once a week.
What supplements are you using?

Have you found this husbandry program yet? It is an incredible program with accurate info. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Without d3 on the calcium and the vitamin i only just gave him yesterday for the first time is reptivite it has dicalcium phosphate is closest thing i see as phosphorous but im not sure if thats the same thing or not.
Is the reptivite with D3 or without D3? This would be used 2 times a month only say the 1st and the 15th if it is the with D3 version. Then the calcium without D3 would be used at all other feedings.

No d3 and the calcium brand us Repti calcium both are from zoo med both d3 free
You will want a calcium w d3 to add to your supplementation. Both d3 and multivitamin will be 2 times a week but alternating weeks. So something like 6 days calcium with d3 7th day cal w d3. 6 more days calcium w d3 and 7th day multivitamin.

You will want a calcium w d3 to add to your supplementation. Both d3 and multivitamin will be 2 times a week but alternating weeks. So something like 6 days calcium with d3 7th day cal w d3. 6 more days calcium w d3 and 7th day multivitamin.
I was reading a lot of places say no d3 at all ill have to do some more research. Thank you for all your information.

No d3 and the calcium brand us Repti calcium both are from zoo med both d3 free
Since your Zoo Med Reptivite is without D3, you’d use it and and a Zoo Med ReptiCalcium with D3 each once every two weeks. So use one one day a week and alternate it with the other one every week on that day. The Zoo Med ReptiCalcium without D3 will be used every feeding

Since your Zoo Med Reptivite is without D3, you’d use it and and a Zoo Med ReptiCalcium with D3 each once every two weeks. So use one one day a week and alternate it with the other one every week on that day. The Zoo Med ReptiCalcium without D3 will be used every feeding
Doesn't he get the d3 from the uvb light?

I just want to add that even if your UVI levels are perfect and you have a solarmeter to check this that supplementing with D3 two times a month does not hurt.. This is more a safety measure. They can not overdose on D3 this way. With D3 from light conversion the body will make what it needs. It is a totally different process then oral D3 supplementation.

But with the reptivite without D3 you would still only use that every other week at one feeding. Otherwise your supplementing with too much Vitamin A. On the opposite weeks from it you would use a calcium with D3. So that each of these supplements are only given 2 times a month. Then at all other feedings you would use calcium without D3.

Update pic!!
20210315_082930.jpg

Back
Top Bottom