Hello! New here, meet my cham?

chan_cham

Hi! Recently joined this forum so that I could better learn abt how to take care of my chameleon ^^

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - He's a Veiled male, I've had him for 4 months but I believe he is around 7 months old.
  • Handling - Whenever he comes out, which is every day that I have the time. He is okay with being near me and on my hands but can get a little antsy at times.
  • Feeding - Crickets, superworms, dubias. He gets as much as he will eat in 15 minutes and anything left is removed. Superworms only as a treat, though :)
  • Supplements - Repti-Cal without d3 daily, and a generic multisupplement that came with him.
  • Watering - Three different kinds of spray bottles, he drinks from the cans stream daily, and a lot of it.
  • Fecal Description - Healthy urates and poop, I dont believe he has parasites
  • History - Was given to me by someone who couldn't care for him anymore. I've cared for reptiles before but never particularly wanted a chameleon, but here I am anyways ^^
He doesn't have any particular issues other than he started to shed about a few days ago and not much has come off except for little bits on his belly. He is particularly fond of eating my orchids. I plan on moving his current house outside as an outdoor enclosure whenever I get his new one built.

Thanks for looking! Here's my dumb idiot earlier today (his name is aspen :) )

MVIMG_20200609_140108.jpg

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200515_123924.jpg
    MVIMG_20200515_123924.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 70
Hi! Recently joined this forum so that I could better learn abt how to take care of my chameleon ^^

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - He's a Veiled male, I've had him for 4 months but I believe he is around 7 months old.
  • Handling - Whenever he comes out, which is every day that I have the time. He is okay with being near me and on my hands but can get a little antsy at times.
  • Feeding - Crickets, superworms, dubias. He gets as much as he will eat in 15 minutes and anything left is removed. Superworms only as a treat, though :)
  • Supplements - Repti-Cal without d3 daily, and a generic multisupplement that came with him.
  • Watering - Three different kinds of spray bottles, he drinks from the cans stream daily, and a lot of it.
  • History - Was given to me by someone who couldn't care for him anymore. I've cared for reptiles before but never particularly wanted a chameleon, but here I am anyways ^^
He doesn't have any particular issues other than he started to shed about a few days ago and not much has come off except for little bits on his belly. He is particularly fond of eating my orchids. I plan on moving his current house outside as an outdoor enclosure whenever I get his new one built.

View attachment 269006
He looks EXACTLY like mine. from the turquoise in the bands to the black on the head and the belly... He' a cutie.

Hi and welcome! Handsome guy!
You need to gut load your feeders to pass nutrition on to your cham. Attaching infographics.
Supplement schedule should be: calcium without D3 every feeding, calcium with D3 one feeding every other week and multivitamin one feeding every other week.
Yes, veiled chameleons are plant nibblers, so you’ll want to make sure the plants are safe. This is a great list.https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/
While you’re at that site, look around. Is an awesome resource for learning how, what and why of chameleon care. Another great resource if you prefer video is Neptune the chameleon on Youtube.
E9E4AEC4-2561-41E0-A180-7C7EF1636E8F.jpeg
CEAE51FA-C6CD-475B-A862-93271B98C077.jpeg

Chameleon Info:

View attachment 269006
Hi and welcome to the forum, you have tapped into a wealth of knowledge.

You only filled out half the how to ask for help questions...can you do the rest please?

You said..."Repti-Cal without d3 daily, and a generic multisupplement that came with him"... Does the vitamin have D3 in it?

Back
Top Bottom