Hello I need some help with travelling with my chameleon

VCMan

I will be moving to the uk Plymouth I will be being Charles my veiled chameleon it is a 2 hour plane ride I cannot ship him as I don't have anyone to look after him and ship him. Does anyone know how to keep him safe and warm thanks in advance
-tai

Would research live reptile shipments for your country, per original and destination. Herps are shipped on airplanes everyday. Ask for the heated compartment. If you can't find any info, talk to a pet store. Get a wholesalers phone number from them and ask them who they use. It is possible, just may take you some phone calls.

I will be moving to the uk Plymouth I will be being Charles my veiled chameleon it is a 2 hour plane ride I cannot ship him as I don't have anyone to look after him and ship him. Does anyone know how to keep him safe and warm thanks in advance
-tai

If you know which airline you'll be flying on you need to find out what their requirements for pets are. Some airlines won't permit anything other than a small dog or cat in the passenger cabin. Others permit small animals as long as the carrier fits under the seat. The policies vary by airline. Some charge fees, others don't if you bring him as a carryon. Some limit the number of pets on any flight regardless what species they are. Depending on whether you can carry him on or need to check him as cargo, it will affect what type of carrier or container the airline will accept, and how you keep him safe.

Whatever you do, DON'T assume you can just walk on with a cham! You may need to make prior arrangements when you make YOUR reservation.

What American airlines allow chameleons in the cabin?

Hello, I'm traveling to Hawaii from NY. Please suggest me airlines that allow chameleons with you in the cabin. Thank you.

I looked into this awhile back. Currently to my knowledge, no airline has a PUBLISHED policy on allowing carry reptiles. You may need to call, discuss, and either get an allowance or buy a pet ticket. You may be required to provide very specific cage type.

Worst case scenario, you may be able to overnight ship him. Check out Ship Your Reptiles.

Hello, I'm traveling to Hawaii from NY. Please suggest me airlines that allow chameleons with you in the cabin. Thank you.

Best way to determine this is to CALL the reservations line for each airline you are considering using and ask them directly what is permitted in the cabin. Even if they do allow a reptile (most don't), they also limit the total number of animals in the cabin on any one flight regardless of type. For example, if there happen to be too many cats on your flight already you'd have to check the cham.

Back
Top Bottom