Hello From Upstate NY

KLP1190

Hey guys, new to the forum. We just purchased our first ever chameleon this past weekend. He is a Jackson's. We named him Bubba. While we are new to chams, we are not new to herps. We have been active keepers for the last 5 years or so. During the pandemic our collection has grown significantly. We currently care for 1 Ball Python, 2 Western Hognose, 2 Corns, 1 Cali Kingsnake, 1 Crested Gecko, 1 Bearded Dragon, and 2 Leopard Geckos. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Look forward to learning all I can about this amazing species.

Take care guys!

My female is a yearling and she has bit me twice. First time was my fault. I mishandled her and she let me know real quick that I was wrong. Second time she was trying to strike her mouse and caught my hand. Those are the 2 times she has got me and not let go. Had to mist her face with get her to free me. She is highly food motivated so if it is anywhere close to mouse day she will charge me when I open her tank. A few taps on the back with the snake hook and she knows it's not time to eat.

My male is still a baby. He is super hissy. He hoods up and hisses and bluff strikes pretty much every time I interact with him. I'm hoping he will grow out of it, but he's so cute that he can stay pissy his whole life and I would still adore him.

I have plans to breed my hogs. I have room in my rack for one more female and I am looking for something anaconda morph. My female is Toffeeconda and my male is a normal anaconda morph. I would like an axanthic conda morph to breed out. Still have a few years before we get there though.

No pics of my male at all and no recent pics of my female. This is from when my girl was still a baby. Her name is Dia.
20200723_235835.jpg

Back
Top Bottom