Hello from sweden!

You just have to let it dry out between mistings, it should probably drop to 40-50%. also, the recommened size for an adult male veiled chameleon's cage is 61d x 61l x 123h in cm.

If you're having trouble making the humidity drop, then maybe a hand built/custom made sealed wood and screen combo terrarium would be better.

Yes, I know, but he isn't adult yet, and I probably will build/ buy a screen one later

According to my hygrometer, the average humidity in my room is above 70%, and that's in the room! Can this really be right, or is the hygrometer damaged?

That is probably your problem. :) Get a digital one and you'll probably see a big difference.

Dont pay too much for one. The special reptile ones are just as good as the thermometers with the hygrometer build in.

If it has a probe then sure. I've never used one without a probe as I imagine that if the whole thing got wet it would be bad...

No probe, keep hunting then.

perhaps the analog one doesn't ract very well to getting splashed and screws up my data because of it?

No probe, keep hunting then.

perhaps the analog one doesn't ract very well to getting splashed and screws up my data because of it?

When you splash it it thinks its humidity... and thus rises.

One way to reduce humidity would be to increase ventilation. You could open one of the terrarium doors and mesh the opening. 5 bucks and some duck tape and I bet the humidity will drop in the cage a lot quicker, as well as stay at a more ideal level. 70% humidity is too high for a veiled. shoot for 45% low end humidity and 55-60% after fresh misting.

If you decide to stick with glass. There used to be product here in the U.S. it was called a lizard lounge. It was basically a terrarium with pre-cut holes in the sides and screen tops. I kept my hatchlings in these as it was easy to keep the humidity up and you have fairly good air flow. Only downside wasthey were a pita to clean.

Bit of an update, Removed the front glass and replaced it with a frame with a fine net around it, this oughtta fix my humidity problem, now, best way to get him to drink? I know he is drinking since his urine is all white, but i need tips on a drip system for a terrarium with glass floor and no drainage available, all help is welcome, I will take pics later on to show you how it looks! :)

Thanks

Use a catch bucket with screen over it so he can't get into it and put the dripper above it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be doing that in the next few days :)

Also, I'm down to 50% humidity, so my rebuild worked, feels good to know that he has everything he needs !

Back
Top Bottom