Hello from Pa-

Bring it on about the plant questions! Also I don't know any books that gave correct info in 2021 but I'm working on a book now called chameleons today...

I am looking forward to learning from everyone. I do have questions about plants and would welcome any book suggestions you may have.
Welcome! We’re glad to have you! We do have a safe plants list somewhere on this site. Hold on and I’ll see if I can find it.

Thanks Linda, pretty short list there-it says they are working on rebuilding it
I know, but those plants are known to be safe. What you want is a big centerpiece tree or plant and then smaller ones around it. Chams like to be able to hide in their trees and plants so you want it planted full enough that when your Cham wants to hide , you won’t be able to see it. There is a longer safe plant list on Chameleonacademy.com I believe. That’s also another great place to read info on chameleon care.

The problem with veileds is they eat everything! You really have to be careful that you use veiled tested plants that are safe like ficus benjamina, umbrella plants also known as schefflera, money tree, etc. take a look at the link I gave you that lists safe plants
Buddy doesn't touch any of the fruit or veggies I put in for the crickets--is there a good external list (one here is being rebuilt) I can/should look at?

I know, but those plants are known to be safe. What you want is a big centerpiece tree or plant and then smaller ones around it. Chams like to be able to hide in their trees and plants so you want it planted full enough that when your Cham wants to hide , you won’t be able to see it. There is a longer safe plant list on Chameleonacademy.com I believe. That’s also another great place to read info on chameleon care.
I have some fake stuff in there now, I killed the plant I had ):

You want live plants because if he eats the fake ones he can become impacted and that’s serious. They also help increase the humidity in the cage.

Back
Top Bottom