Hello everyone i have some very bad news

Unfortunately rango passed last night after a grate fall from my stairs I pick him up everything well but he suffered a huge bruise and then noticed sunken eyes when I went to bed I thinks he's stress killed I hate myself for this and I'm so sorry I never ment for this to happen

I’m so sorry!!!! Sometimes things like this happen and it’s very unfortunate. You did so much for him when he was alive. Thank you for being an amazing keeper.

Unfortunately rango passed last night after a grate fall from my stairs I pick him up everything well but he suffered a huge bruise and then noticed sunken eyes when I went to bed I thinks he's stress killed I hate myself for this and I'm so sorry I never ment for this to happen
Thank for every one's support but I thinks this is the end of my journey
I dont like the idea of getting another one and I've been up all night

So sorry to hear the news. Don’t be hard on yourself, accidents happens and things beyond our reached rolls in. Take your time to mourn the lost of your pet and if you happen to decide getting a new one again, you know people here are always ready to help you.

How did he fall down stairs? Were you carrying him down the stairs when he fell? Wood or carpeted stairs?

I’m so sorry to hear this. My cham was eaten by a hawk because I wasn’t watching him close enough. I felt like a truck hit me but got over it because I learned from it and moved on.

You will also learn from this and move on. You’re a loving cham owner, it was a mistake, don’t beat yourself up.

How did he fall down stairs? Were you carrying him down the stairs when he fell? Wood or carpeted stairs?

I’m so sorry to hear this. My cham was eaten by a hawk because I wasn’t watching him close enough. I felt like a truck hit me but got over it because I learned from it and moved on.

You will also learn from this and move on. You’re a loving cham owner, it was a mistake, don’t beat yourself up.
I went to put him outside because he had stuck shed and hope that the avaparatio n would help and as we walked down he jump and fell throught the railing of the stairs and went black and I tried to calm him down and it didn't help and in rhe morning he died

I'll describe why I also very upset on
December 8 two days after my 19th birthday my German sheperd max passed he was 5 years old know when I got rango I told my self I wouldn't let him die but as this came along I noticed stuck shed cutting of blood flow to feet and tail tip I tried my best to help and skin came of the tail and feet but then he jumped out of hand landing and falling down the stairs then turned black I was affraid to tell people about this part because I thought I was going to be labeled as an abuser who purposely wanted to hurt his chameleon but all I was trying to do is help him and know his gone I haven't been able to stop crying knowing this is my fault . I was up from 1 to 5 just praying he would survive to find he died in his sleep im sorry everyone my intention was to help I even phoned my vet to ask and know he is gone

No one is judging you in any way, nor should they. I’m guessing Rango was your first chameleon? You will be hard pressed to find someone on these forums whose first chameleon experience went swimmingly, and without some sort of health or injury issue. It’s a learning process. You have posted 116 messages since you joined 6 months ago. That’s almost a post every day! You care, it seems like you’re trying your very best, you want to learn, and you’re devastated by this loss.

If anyone on here had a perfect first chameleon experience, please speak up!

I'll describe why I also very upset on
December 8 two days after my 19th birthday my German sheperd max passed he was 5 years old know when I got rango I told my self I wouldn't let him die but as this came along I noticed stuck shed cutting of blood flow to feet and tail tip I tried my best to help and skin came of the tail and feet but then he jumped out of hand landing and falling down the stairs then turned black I was affraid to tell people about this part because I thought I was going to be labeled as an abuser who purposely wanted to hurt his chameleon but all I was trying to do is help him and know his gone I haven't been able to stop crying knowing this is my fault . I was up from 1 to 5 just praying he would survive to find he died in his sleep im sorry everyone

No one is judging you in any way, nor should they. I’m guessing Rango was your first chameleon? You will be hard pressed to find someone on these forums whose first chameleon experience went swimmingly, and without some sort of health or injury issue. It’s a learning process. You have posted 116 messages since you joined 6 months ago. That’s almost a post every day! You care, it seems like you’re trying your very best, you want to learn, and you’re devastated by this loss.
Thank you I was just scared and did everything I could and yes rango was my first chameleon well thank you you've made me feel a lot better

Last edited:
You should not beat yourself up. I once had a hamster who passed in a similar way. He also fell down the stairs after I mistakingly put his enclosure back together improperly. A piece was not put together correctly and came apart. His enclosure was at the top of the stairs and he fell.

Things happen. It doesn’t mean you loved him any less. You came here to learn how to care for him the best you could and you were giving him a good life. Sometimes people come here for advice and they still do nothing to improve their chameleons environment. You loved him, cared for him, you were giving him what he needed. You are a good Cham parent ❤️ shit happens that’s out of our control.

If anyone on here had a perfect first chameleon experience, please speak up!
I completely agree. Please don’t beat yourself up about this. It was an accident and you clearly loved your chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom