Hello Everybody

TSW

Hi everyone, im new here and thought I'd say hello?

Me and my partner are the extremely proud new owners of our little veiled boy? His name is Axew and we look forward to chatting with you all.

Plus we will probably have lots of questions as this is our first chameleon and we are only beginners in keeping reptiles.

Attachments

• 20200424_120500.jpg
    20200424_120500.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-20200424-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200424-WA0000.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 98
Welcome to the wonderful world of reptile keeping and congrats on your new little guy! There are a few things about his cage that concern me - primarily the red light, the light bulb inside his enclosure and the substrate. Please check out the care sheets to help create the best possible enclosure for your new little friend, and feel free to ask some questions! These guys can be a little tricky, so we want to get you off on the right foot to be successful and have a healthy chameleon. :)

@absolutbill the red lights are LEDs.. would that still be okay for OP's chameleon? Im not experienced with LEDs or if the different colors would bother a chameleon.

Nope, red LEDs wouldn't be good - actually we recommend no colored lights at all. We'd need to go over every aspect of the cage and equipment to make sure they're on the right track. @TSW if you could fill out the How to Ask for Help form that would let us see everything that you have and make any suggestions from there.

Nope, red LEDs wouldn't be good - actually we recommend no colored lights at all. We'd need to go over every aspect of the cage and equipment to make sure they're on the right track. @TSW if you could fill out the How to Ask for Help form that would let us see everything that you have and make any suggestions from there.
The red LEDs are part of a Zoo Med reptisun light unit. It has white daylight LEDs, Red LEDs which are supposed to help Plant growth and Blue LEDs for night lighting.

No lights at night, ever.

I use plant lights by SANSI.. they work great and don't have colors. No too expensive either. I use the 36w bulb one.

@absolutbill I sort of forgot this morning if the no colors rule applied to plant lights.. I have been taking care of a baby bird, which includes night feedings. Tiring lol.

Reactions: TSW
No lights at night, ever.

I use plant lights by SANSI.. they work great and don't have colors. No too expensive either. I use the 36w bulb one.

@absolutbill I sort of forgot this morning if the no colors rule applied to plant lights.. I have been taking care of a baby bird, which includes night feedings. Tiring lol.
Okay no lights on at night. Are the white LEDs okay during the day or shuold i just use the light from the basking bulb and uvb? The LEDs can all be switched separately so its no problem to not have the red or the blues on

Back
Top Bottom