Hello Chameleon Forums

RJECHAMS

My name is Justin, I am 29 years of age and live in Orange County California. New to the forum, but have had reptiles my entire life. I have had several chameleons through my time, mostly veileds. I have grown my collection to 20 chameleons now, mostly panthers. I keep them indoor in my living room, and in the process of making a room specifically for the chameleons here at my warehouse to continue to expand. No intent to breed for selling purposes, but to keep some of my special loved ones around. I look forward to learning more than I already currently know and meeting some new friends. I spent a lot of time in the minibike forums and muscle car forums, started to dabble in the off road truck forums as I am building a trophy truck for my son on the way. Thanks for letting me be a part of the community, below is my little Ambilobe guy Kaz.

BDBD24DF-C826-43CE-9B01-1F70F4017B65 (002).JPG

joker.JPG

Girlfriend named this one Joker. He was actually found at another friends house wondering outside during work hours. I gave my buddies girlfriend $100.00 to put him in a box for me until i was able to pick him up later that evening. I am lucky the birds didn't get to him. Chances of finding one of these where i live is like winning the lottery

View attachment 278720

Girlfriend named this one Joker. He was actually found at another friends house wondering outside during work hours. I gave my buddies girlfriend $100.00 to put him in a box for me until i was able to pick him up later that evening. I am lucky the birds didn't get to him. Chances of finding one of these where i live is like winning the lottery
Wow he’s a looker too!

Thank you! Here is the 13 enclosures in my living room. I have a few photos to share, but not enough to do justice. These 13 are the littles of the collection, all under a year old. Sorry nothings on the boob-tube.

View attachment 278716
Ok I gotta ask... How do you handle water run off? I do not see any drip trays and being on carpet you must have excess water?

Ok I gotta ask... How do you handle water run off? I do not see any drip trays and being on carpet you must have excess water?

Great question! Unfortunately the racks I bought do not fit with the drip trays I have. I use puppy pads temporarily and change them every other day. I also have plastic over the carpet and have to shop vac that out daily. Quite the chore! I am in the process of building another racking system in another room. I have acquired some warehouse space at my work and intend to use one of the offices as the new chameleon room. Makes life easier with a 4 year old daughter and a son due in February. The wife loves the chameleons in the living room but can not stand the insects they eat. I am fortunate to have another space to take them to.

Great question! Unfortunately the racks I bought do not fit with the drip trays I have. I use puppy pads temporarily and change them every other day. I also have plastic over the carpet and have to shop vac that out daily. Quite the chore! I am in the process of building another racking system in another room. I have acquired some warehouse space at my work and intend to use one of the offices as the new chameleon room. Makes life easier with a 4 year old daughter and a son due in February. The wife loves the chameleons in the living room but can not stand the insects they eat. I am fortunate to have another space to take them to.
I was wondering because I get a ton of water run off with just my three enclosures. I could not imagine not having drip pans lol.

I was wondering because I get a ton of water run off with just my three enclosures. I could not imagine not having drip pans lol.

I also dont run the mistking system I have, I spray by hand with the orange pump sprayer in the background. I get a lot of run off, but not as much as I will with the mist king set up. Then the puppy pads will be gone! I walk out of costco with more puppy pads than diapers at times lol.
I intend to run everything into a rain gutter styled system and then into a floor drain. Still working on it all though. If you see anything I am doing wrong, I am open to all sorts of advice. I am an open book.

I also dont run the mistking system I have, I spray by hand with the orange pump sprayer in the background. I get a lot of run off, but not as much as I will with the mist king set up. Then the puppy pads will be gone! I walk out of costco with more puppy pads than diapers at times lol.
I intend to run everything into a rain gutter styled system and then into a floor drain. Still working on it all though. If you see anything I am doing wrong, I am open to all sorts of advice. I am an open book.
Ugg yeah no I am too attached to my mistking. I had my baby in a baby cage for 2 weeks and it make me crazy just hand spraying the one enclosure. lol Your lucky to have a room you can do a conversion on.
Only thing I see that stands out is that I would consider using live plants especially for your veileds rather then the fake ones. They can suffer from impaction pretty easily when they get pieces off the fake ones.
Anyways welcome to the forum. :)

Woah! ??☠ not messing around huh!? W3lcome! Your chams are gorgeous!?

THANKS! Not messing around lol, I went big. It started off buying a veiled from a pet store for my girlfriend who is now my wife, then a female companion for the veiled shortly after. I then got the call about Joker and started researching more about panthers. It all went downhill that night lol. We enjoy it and they are happy and healthy. Some were rescues too. I will have a breeding compound in the next year or so. Should be a lot of fun.

Ugg yeah no I am too attached to my mistking. I had my baby in a baby cage for 2 weeks and it make me crazy just hand spraying the one enclosure. lol Your lucky to have a room you can do a conversion on.
Only thing I see that stands out is that I would consider using live plants especially for your veileds rather then the fake ones. They can suffer from impaction pretty easily when they get pieces off the fake ones.
Anyways welcome to the forum. :)

THANKS! Yes the live plants is another thing I intend to work on. It will be easier to incorporate when the new room is established.

Back
Top Bottom