hello ant season

TiffanyMariexo

So I have ants all over the apartment. I refuse to try and solve the problem tills it safe. Anyone have ideas on what kind of ant killer prouducts I can use that won't harm my veiled !

Have you ever tried Terro? You don't spray it, they are traps that you set out. It is like a gel. They work with the little ghost ants and the black ants. I don't know what kind you have.

Yeah, Terro works well with black ants and ghost ants. There are other ant traps from many different companies. Of course, what trap to use depends on the type of ant you have! So, dropping a pic or telling us what ant would help a ton!

Sugar ants? Or carpenter ants? I have an issue with both. One remedy I know that works is putting coffee grounds around the doors and windows in the house. I have Terro traps too. The main thing I'm fighting right now is fleas. Landlord wont pay to have an exterminator come out to spray either.

try the Terro but just make sure none of your other pets can get to the traps and eat them. They sell the traps at home depot. We have ants year round here in Fla and the Terro works well.

I am battling ants on my front porch. So far, here are the natural remedies I've read about: 1) corn meal (it explodes the ants- if they don't just love it and eat it like a snack), 2) cinnamon- they can't stand the smell and as an added bonus- it will make your apt. smell nice. Sprinkle around the window sills and at the base of outside doors. 3) white vinegar: mix half and half with water and spray. Disrupts their scent trails. You may have to use more than once. 4) soapy water, like Ivory or Dawn mixed with water. Again, it disrupts their scent trails and yes, you may have to use it more than once. 5) and finally, the obvious: make sure your apt. is scrupulously clean- don't ever leave food crumbs on the counter or food unwrapped.

Good luck! I'm with you in spirit! lol

Back
Top Bottom