Hello all

Capsicums&Reptiles

Established Member
Been lurking for awhile,picking up valuable information and figured I'd introduce myself and Gizmo.

I'm Wayne. I live in Indiana.
I cultivate over 100 different types of hot pepper and am currently keeping 3 reptiles.
I have a 5-6 month old male veiled chameleon named Gizmo.
I look forward to conversing and contributing to the forum.

Have a great day folks.

Meet Gizmo the Grouch.

IMG_20190314_210450.jpg

Thanks. The scabs on his side are from the pet store having briar vines for him to climb on. Took him to a reptile vet and got some salve for it.

Reapers,Bhut Jolokia(brown,yellow,indian carbon,peach and red), multiple Trinidad Scorpion cultivars,a few 7 Pot cultivars and a plethora of C.Baccatum,C.Pubecens,C.Eximium and a few other wild varieties.

Although I’m a relative newcomer too, welcome! You have a really nice looking boy there. My guy is a complete d&$k too: “don’t even look at me” is his constant attitude; unless, of course, food is involved—in which case, he’s happy to see me.

Beautiful Vailed. They go through moods, I think. Ours is right now in his “teenage” years. Today we advanced our taming training to me touching him without any food or treats. He was okay with it. He had that “you feed me, so I won’t kill you but really don’t do that again” look.

Progress...

We made sauce out of the golden ghosts last year. One of my favorite. Milder than most think and great flavor. Love the colors on your cham! Ive had some birds angry like that. Dont touch me.

We made sauce out of the golden ghosts last year. One of my favorite. Milder than most think and great flavor. Love the colors on your cham! Ive had some birds angry like that. Dont touch me.

Thank you.

Golden Ghosts are among my favorites.
If you like those,you'd probably really enjoy the golden bullet habanero.
Same heat level with really nice citrus notes.
It's a smaller pepper,though.
About the size of a jellybean.

Sweet! You are doing research! My kind of person!!!

It could be a couple years before I get a panther,though.

Took 3+ years of research and obtaining everything I needed before I started shopping around for a veiled.
Seen Gizmo in a pet store being housed in a 10 gallon fish tank with nothing but a heat lamp and briar vines to climb on,so I figured the right thing to do was rescue him and give him the proper husbandry he needed.

3 reptile vet visits later and some salve for his wound,proper husbandry and supplementation has made me a proud Chameleon keeper.

Back
Top Bottom