Hellllllllllp

Jrat

cham isn't looking to great...hes darkened up....isn't moving as much as he usually does....he seemed to be eating fine yesterday (horn worms)...hasn't had a cricket for a couple weeks and seemed to be doing great w/o them til today? he wont eat crix anymore so ive been on horn / silkie diet for about a month adding calcium supplements once a week. haven't seen him take GOOD drinks of water for a lil bit?

any reasons for a darkening in coloration? I have a fan on his cage....and I have added a basking spot lamp? all i can think of is maybe it got to hot?

cham isn't looking to great...hes darkened up....isn't moving as much as he usually does....he seemed to be eating fine yesterday (horn worms)...hasn't had a cricket for a couple weeks and seemed to be doing great w/o them til today? he wont eat crix anymore so ive been on horn / silkie diet for about a month adding calcium supplements once a week. haven't seen him take GOOD drinks of water for a lil bit?

any reasons for a darkening in coloration? I have a fan on his cage....and I have added a basking spot lamp? all i can think of is maybe it got to hot?

please answer this question first so that we can help determine what's wrong (click on the link):
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

also pictures of the enclosure and the chameleon will be tremendous help.

Picture017.jpg

Picture015.jpg

reptisun 5.0
100 watt basking spot lamp
pothos
habbamist

i made him move and he brightened up again... but he's moving ever so slowly...thats a pic of him 5 mins ago.

I recently had a scare with my veiled that turned out to be a really simple problem. It's probably not what's wrong with yours but you never know. About three days ago we had a wicked cold front move in. The same one that wrecked the midwest. It got down in the high twenties which is unusual for North Louisiana. The problem is it brought in very dry air. I walked in to see him very dark and just acting weird. Climbing on the bottom of the cage, stopped eating completlyand very restless. The humidity gauge read 21 percent. I turned on a whole room humidifier and after eight hours it only brought it up to 35. I closed all the blinds and doors and finally got it up to 50. It's still very dry. Outside humidity is still in the 20's. I placed the humidifier so it was going into his cage and when he's not basking, he's on a limb as close to the humidifier as he can get. He's sleeping in this spot also which is on a bare limb completely in the open. He's never done this before. Long story short. He's brightened up, eating again and acting normal. I know your in CA so I don't know if this front affected you or not. Keep us posted. David

Forgot to tell you...I use an ultrasonic humidifier. I wouldn't let my cham get in the airstream of a humidifier with a fan. David

Looking at the UVB in that pic, it looks like he doesn't really have a way to get under it other than hang off the ceiling? you should run a vine all the way down the length of it 6 inches under it. Also, and extra ficus tree in the open area would go nicely.

Forgot to tell you...I use an ultrasonic humidifier. I wouldn't let my cham get in the airstream of a humidifier with a fan. David

could definetally be the humidity...I try my hardest to keep it nice a moist in there but when im gone throughout the day he just gets enough to drink not enough to keep the humidity bumped up...looks like i'm going to need a humidifier...

Looking at the UVB in that pic, it looks like he doesn't really have a way to get under it other than hang off the ceiling? you should run a vine all the way down the length of it 6 inches under it. Also, and extra ficus tree in the open area would go nicely.

More foliage? and a higher highway under the uvb??? not under the spot lamp? will do...thanks for the input everyone i got some changes to do in the morning.

Howdy,

Hard to tell from the photo but we're assuming that there isn't any cover on the UVB tube. Just air and enclosure screen between the tube's surface and the chameleon, right?

When a chameleon takes on stress colors, or seems to permanently take on new colors you haven't seen before in a relatively short time frame (in other words, it isn't just maturing into new colors)...then its not feeling well, and possibly in pain. Have you checked it for parasites? Take some fresh poop to the vet and have them run a fecal on it. This may only cost you $10 to $25 depending on your vet. They can tell a lot from that.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom