Heatwave Increase Misting?

GreenPekoe

Hi,

So the west coast is a bit hot and my little AC is not quite able to keep up. I would love to go buy another AC but they are all sold out everywhere. Our female veiled room is currently sitting at 84 degrees during the day and maybe drops to 79 at night. I have a fan running in the room. Should I increase her misting schedule to help keep things cool? Maybe run it all day? She's usually pretty angry when her mister comes on but the last couple of days she has seemed to enjoy it. Today is supposed to be the hottest day of this wave but who knows what the rest of the summer has in store for us. Yay climate change! :oops:

What would i do with the icepack? Just lay it in her habitat?

She gave quite the side eye to the fan when I set it up, she doesn't mind it so much now.
I have not used them so I am not sure how Jox does it.

I have had success with evaporative coolers. They have the ones that will cool a room down. If you use ice cubes and cold water it will be cooler air blowing out.

Thanks for showing how you do it Jodie! I’m having the same problem so last night I added ice packs to the top of my enclosure as well.

Hi,

So the west coast is a bit hot and my little AC is not quite able to keep up. I would love to go buy another AC but they are all sold out everywhere. Our female veiled room is currently sitting at 84 degrees during the day and maybe drops to 79 at night. I have a fan running in the room. Should I increase her misting schedule to help keep things cool? Maybe run it all day? She's usually pretty angry when her mister comes on but the last couple of days she has seemed to enjoy it. Today is supposed to be the hottest day of this wave but who knows what the rest of the summer has in store for us. Yay climate change! :oops:
With the fan running (but not blowing directly on the cham) extra misting will help lower the temp in the enclosure via evaporative cooling. It will also raise the humidity, but I expect this situation to be temporary—even if it continues for several more days/a week.

I would not run it all day—only as often as the enclosure (plants) dries out.

I've not needed to resort to ice. Has anyone tried putting some ice (not a lot) in the mister reservoir to cool the mister water? By the time it gets through all the tubing—and intermittently—it shouldn't be ice-cold coming out of the mist nozzles—just cool, but I haven't tried it.

Back
Top Bottom