Heat lights?

Fate X

if its 90 F OUTSIDE and 89F to 91f INSIDE without the basking lights on do you really need the basking light turned on? because it seems even with a 25 watt dayglo might cook the Veiled chameleons .
is 87 F to 91 F warm enough for them to digest their food since it seems very warm all day.

I have the same issue. I live in the north and its alot hotter now. What used to read 75 in the shade is more like 85-89. I noticed him towards the bottom and dark colored so I turned off the heat light. To me the uvb doesnt seem like enough though. I guess I'm going to try the lowest wattage basking bulb that I can find unless there are some other ideas.

The best case scenario for chameleons is to have a place for them to thermoregulate temps. To do this themselves, they would need a basking area to warm up, and a cooler area to cool down. With veileds and panthers, the basking area should be in the 90's and I like to make the area away from the light upper 70's if possible. Without that variation they aren't able to thermoregulate by basking.

Jerm

Back
Top Bottom