Heat light

Flick boy

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all. So I'm currently using a lucky reptile halogen mini sun 35 watt and have purchased an arcadia 75 watt halogen infared. But have just seen arcadia deep heat projection light anyone used this or similar type bulb produces ira and irb. And has anyone run these at night. Thoughts thanks

Do you have any experience with the new dhp from arcadia. Was thinking about putting a dhp beside a low watt mini sun halogen

Hi all. So I'm currently using a lucky reptile halogen mini sun 35 watt and have purchased an arcadia 75 watt halogen infared. But have just seen arcadia deep heat projection light anyone used this or similar type bulb produces ira and irb. And has anyone run these at night. Thoughts thanks
Shouldn't be a need at night unless your ambient temps drop below 50F of so. A nighttime temp drop of 20 degrees or so is recommended for some species—see specific care sheets.

Is this for basking or general enclosure temps? Whatever bulb(s) you try, please test temps beforehand so as not to overdo. ;)

Hi as I just seen the arcadia dhp and is new thought it might b better than my current halogen for basking as advertised ira and irb. There is nothing wrong with my current light . Just when you see new stuff coming through lol. But I had considered running at night if temps dropped low. Just really putting it out their for opinions.

I think the halogens should still produce more IR-A
I thought this was helpful in showing the differences between heat sources
9CE81E84-BB00-4B40-A233-EDB18436DF99.png

This is from:
https://www.animalsathomenetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/InfraRed-Heating-for-Reptiles.pdf

I seen a question yesterday and the guy was using dhp and asked John Courtney Smith arcadia about using an ira halogen alongside it. But I suppose there's a point between giving the best and ott

After reading some more articles I think best to stick with my halogen as the dhp would most likely dry the air out to much. Thanks for your comments and link just me trying to fix things that aren't broken

After reading some more articles I think best to stick with my halogen as the dhp would most likely dry the air out to much. Thanks for your comments and link just me trying to fix things that aren't broken
I think it’s good to keep questioning things and making improvements. It keeps me engaged and it’s the best thing for your animals to never settle if you can continue to improve and enrich their environment

Hmm. A better question would be what bounces off the cham more, IR A or IR B? If A Dont bounce, that means it heats the best. We want whatever looks "black" on a chameleon. Anything that reflects is not heating the little guy.

Shouldn't be a need at night unless your ambient temps drop below 50F of so. A nighttime temp drop of 20 degrees or so is recommended for some species—see specific care sheets.

Is this for basking or general enclosure temps? Whatever bulb(s) you try, please test temps beforehand so as not to overdo. ;)
If you’re keeping indoors, then no need for night heat, in fact you should let most species see a good temp drop overnight.

I think it’s good to keep questioning things and making improvements. It keeps me engaged and it’s the best thing for your animals to never settle if you can continue to improve and enrich their environment
Yeah I know i keep disececting 1aspect at a time and see how i can improve her life.

If you’re keeping indoors, then no need for night heat, in fact you should let most species see a good temp drop overnight.
Yes I understand that there is a nice drop at present just thinking ahead incase the temps drop too low better considering to early that late

Yes I understand that there is a nice drop at present just thinking ahead incase the temps drop too low better considering to early that late
Fair enough. It’s always better to be prepared. However, I would consider a different way to add heat rather than any light source.

What like the original post was dhp conversation. no light even though a chameleon could detect the ira from it depending where she sleeps ?

Back
Top Bottom