Heat bulb?

Raja

Okay so I was wondering if i should put the heat bulb on the side next to his food or where I place a fogger and dripper, build in fan. I will soon be adding a misting system in a few weeks....this set up is for my 6 month old blue bar panther

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 120
Do you have a UVB bulb in there? No, keep your bulb on top because chameleons have the sun suing down on them in the wild, so it would be weird for them to get light from the side. As long as you spray him 3 times or more a day, he should be fine. Make sure your humidity is 50% - 80% and temperatures are 85 - 88 degrees F. Mister should be on the side close to top middle.

Nice background! I can see you're have the same issue I did and have extra dirt all over the bottom of the enclosure :D. Is the red bulb what you're using for heat? I would just switch it for a day bulb.

Nice background! I can see you're have the same issue I did and have extra dirt all over the bottom of the enclosure :D. Is the red bulb what you're using for heat? I would just switch it for a day bulb.
Oh the bottom was from taking in and out of the ficus tree I redid the bottom with drainage etc yes red bulb is heat I had a day bulb but it was bright I think it was 40w or less but my Cham hated it he would hang at the bottom all day and night so I switch and now he chils on top haha

Do you have a UVB bulb in there? No, keep your bulb on top because chameleons have the sun suing down on them in the wild, so it would be weird for them to get light from the side. As long as you spray him 3 times or more a day, he should be fine. Make sure your humidity is 50% - 80% and temperatures are 85 - 88 degrees F. Mister should be on the side close to top middle.

Yes I have 2 uvb and one heat bulb on top only, so which side would u put heat I have feeder cup to the right side and the heat to the left I am planing on putting dripper and fogger on the left side and heat, feeder to the right would the be okay for feeders

You do not need to put it on the side. My Panther eats from the cup, and just basks on top to digest it. If you really want to do it, then do it on the side of the feeders.

Oh the bottom was from taking in and out of the ficus tree I redid the bottom with drainage etc yes red bulb is heat I had a day bulb but it was bright I think it was 40w or less but my Cham hated it he would hang at the bottom all day and night so I switch and now he chils on top haha

Thats weird. Never heard of a chameleon hating light.

Back
Top Bottom