Heat bulb opinions/help!

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
Alright so today I went to Reptile Super Show in Pomona.

I caved in and got 80 dubias (WHICH MONTY LOVES THANK GOD), a new hood for his 18 inch uvb tube and a new uvb tube.

I have the uvb/heat combo hood still.

Can I put two 60 watt regular house bulbs in ONE hood, then have the UVB in another hood or is it bad to have two head emitters?

Bumpity bump bump, bump bump.

Can I have 1 duo hood (uvb+heat combo) and have ONLY heat bulbs in it, while my UVB tube is in its own fixture? Will having two 60 watt bulbs reflect off the dome too much and burn my chameleon?

One word: thermometer.

No matter what your set up for heat bulbs you should be checking temperature regularly and what is fine in one setup won't work in another. The reflectors will increase the heat, and I personally don't like those hoods for heat lamps because it is difficult to raise them up and down to adjust heat.

One word: thermometer.

No matter what your set up for heat bulbs you should be checking temperature regularly and what is fine in one setup won't work in another. The reflectors will increase the heat, and I personally don't like those hoods for heat lamps because it is difficult to raise them up and down to adjust heat.

I was just wondering if anyone else had tried it.

I have a dial thermometer but my dad's electronic one (real accurate for home inspection, its a laser one) is broken lol

Back
Top Bottom