Healthy Weight

Zeyna04

What with the pandemic and everything, I won’t be able to register my new baby chameleon to a vet anytime soon. But I’m going to give him quick basic health checks every few weeks or so. He’s a 3 month old panther chameleon, his urate was a healthy colour, his eyes seem fine, he’s eating an average of 8-10 small locusts per day. I weighed him and he is 10g. Is this a good weight for a 3 month old panther? Thank you
P.S. a picture for you of baby Neville❤️

Attachments

• 1957A38F-CD67-418C-ABCE-C7579E253A9B.jpeg
    1957A38F-CD67-418C-ABCE-C7579E253A9B.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 116
panther chameleon growth chart

Many (most?) herp keepers I know personally keep growth charts. Weekly until adult or full-grown, then monthly to help monitor health and changes.

Don't put too much stock in examples; each chameleon is different, and may go through different growth changes & spurts than yours. If you contact the breeder, s/he may be able to help you out with the growth chart of your pet's parent(s) for comparison.

I use a simple Excel spreadsheet, but most any way of keeping a table should work. ;)

What with the pandemic and everything, I won’t be able to register my new baby chameleon to a vet anytime soon. But I’m going to give him quick basic health checks every few weeks or so. He’s a 3 month old panther chameleon, his urate was a healthy colour, his eyes seem fine, he’s eating an average of 8-10 small locusts per day. I weighed him and he is 10g. Is this a good weight for a 3 month old panther? Thank you
P.S. a picture for you of baby Neville❤
As long as appetite is healthy and weight keeps going up, you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom