Healthy urate?

TiKiMan

Established Member
Last night TiKi kinda went on like a pooping spree, and there was 2 fresh feces 1 with a average sized urate and 1 without a urate but I did find this large urate, the feces were both healthy but the urate looks a little strange to me. Anyone see anything unhealthy about this giant, loose urate?

Attachments

• 2F9E4593-0AC4-431B-BD2C-C3C697A12DB9.jpeg
    2F9E4593-0AC4-431B-BD2C-C3C697A12DB9.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 105
Last night TiKi kinda went on like a pooping spree, and there was 2 fresh feces 1 with a average sized urate and 1 without a urate but I did find this large urate, the feces were both healthy but the urate looks a little strange to me. Anyone see anything unhealthy about this giant, loose urate?
That’s some sexy herp-pee!

Hornworms are basically water bags/laxatives for chameleons. I'd recommend feeding less of them just to solid that urate up a bit again. I had the same problem feeding too many horns to a veiled. I now no longer feed Hornworms at all unless it's a new chameleon coming from a day/day 1/2 trip and slight dehydration is a concern. Or I see a chameleon not drinking or with mostly yellow urates or showing physical signs of dehydration.

Thanks, I got the hornworms because the local reptile store I normally get her food at was out if dubias and I can’t keep crickets alive to save my life so I got her a few hornworms for until the dubias get in, and yes I understand they can eat much more than just dubias, crickets, and hornworms, but she is probably a pickier eater than a 4 year old, lol

Thanks, I got the hornworms because the local reptile store I normally get her food at was out if dubias and I can’t keep crickets alive to save my life so I got her a few hornworms for until the dubias get in, and yes I understand they can eat much more than just dubias, crickets, and hornworms, but she is probably a pickier eater than a 4 year old, lol
All good. Get some silkworms if you can.

Back
Top Bottom