Healthy poop???

marcsman16

Established Member
Hello people.
I'm a little concerned about my cham's poop.
What do you think? Does it looks healthy?
Thank you :)

Attachments

• 20181204_122115.jpg
    20181204_122115.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 20181204_122103.jpg
    20181204_122103.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 224
Can you fill out the form found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Copy and paste it here with all the info you can provide.

That being said, something looks off with that fecal sample... Filling out the help form will help us determine possible causes or if a vet visit is neccessary.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Panther chameleon Nosy Faly, male, around 9 months old
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • I got him 2 days ago so I haven't handled him.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Runners, superworms, dubias and crickets. 2 - 3 roaches and 1 superworm. Roaches in the morning and superworm un the afternoon. Exo terra's Repashy superload.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Exo terra's supplements, calcium without d3 everyday' eith d3 twice a month and mutlivitamins once a month.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Hand misting' 4 times a day 1 minute long aprox. Yes.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • Light brown and with a jelly consistency. No
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Screen cage, 48x18x18
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Arcadia T5HO and exto terra 50w for basking
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 7 - 85 lowest temp 65.
  • Digital thermometers
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 53 - 63. Live plants and hand misting. Digital hygrometer.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Yes, pothos and bromelia.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Next to my desk over a bookshelf. Is very high
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
  • Mexico City

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
Poop health.

Yea something is off. Where did you get the chameleon from? You said you just got him a few days ago so im curious if its an issue that has been going on prior to you receiving him or if stress from the change in environment is causing it. I would definitely bring a sample to a exotic vet to have tested for parasites soon rather than later just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom