Healthy Panther?

Dbash44

Avid Member
Hey I just wanted to check in with everyone. I have had my panther for over a year now and I am curious to make sure he is as healthy as possible. After looking at other panther photos, I noticed he may be a little skinny. Also, are those bruises on the tops of his front arms and is it normal to have dull nails? If you notice anything else let me know and how I can fix it. Thanks!

IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg
IMG_3378.jpg

I dont know what that is!! :confused:
They look like burns, but how could he have burns on both arms and
nowhere else?

Anyway, I would get him to a good reptile vet ASAP.

Looks like burns to me too but never seen it just on the arms. Maybe the back was burned to but has healed due to subsequent sheds??

I agree that it primarily looks like a burn, but there a number of infections, bacterial and fungal, that can result in the skin looking like that. It just seems wierd that it is Ina symmetrical position on the two sides of the body.if it were the outside of the legs I would also suggest he might be rubbing it on something causing abrasion, but kind of like the idea of burns, no idea how he would have gotten them there but not elsewhere. I certainly think he needs a trip to the vet. At this point, my money is on an infection. Please let us know what you find out.

I dont know what that is!! :confused:
They look like burns, but how could he have burns on both arms and
nowhere else?

Anyway, I would get him to a good reptile vet ASAP.

Looks like burns to me too but never seen it just on the arms. Maybe the back was burned to but has healed due to subsequent sheds??

I agree that it primarily looks like a burn, but there a number of infections, bacterial and fungal, that can result in the skin looking like that. It just seems wierd that it is Ina symmetrical position on the two sides of the body.if it were the outside of the legs I would also suggest he might be rubbing it on something causing abrasion, but kind of like the idea of burns, no idea how he would have gotten them there but not elsewhere. I certainly think he needs a trip to the vet. At this point, my money is on an infection. Please let us know what you find out.

Thank you all. I will be sure to get him to the vet. On the other hand, I'm having issues with him refraining from drinking out of the bottom of the terrarium. It's very well furnished, misted by a misting machine for two minutes every two hours, and I even got him a dripper plant that runs 24/7 with no results as far as I've seen when I'm home. Any suggestions? Also, do any of you think he may be a bit too skinny? I feed him about 15-20 crickets every other day dusted with zoo med d3 free calcium each time as well as Fluker's calcium with d3 and rep-cal multivitamins 1-2 times a month. Recently tried some dubias and super worms, but he wasn't digging either of them. On top of that I feel as if he gets lazy at times seeing as he will just grab the crickets with his mouth similar to the way a bearded dragon would, though he still uses his tongue with no problems the other 90% of the time.

Can you post some pics of your cage set up? You said you are using a terrarium?

If we could see pics of his encloser, it may help explain a few things.

No advice to add, I think everybody has already said what I would have. But I do want to say that he is very beautiful my favorite colors for a chameleon :)

Back
Top Bottom