Health problems, my chameleon wont eat

Flapnecked69

I have just received a flap necked chameleon 3 days ago, it was sent from texas. When i received it the first thing i did was touch and then i placed the cham on my fish tank, the dimensions are 30 of length, 23 of tall and 12 of weight in. I remeber when i opened the box he was orange looking and then he changed to brown. For food i bought him some crickets, i used this all in one diet with vitamins & minerals & amino acids to feed the crickets. Its some green stuff. But he hasnt eat any of them since he came, sometimes he openes his mouth so when he does i just place a cricket poudered with calcium. But after a while i found a dead cricket laying on the moss. It seemed like he threw up or something. So i trew the cricket away. Now he is placed outside in the sun, but i usually put this 75w heatlamp on top, i havent used any uv light yet. At night i place him on the garage with all the lights off. I used a spray bottle to wash him and a homemade dripper. I dont have any kind of plants inside the cage. Only fake one and some tree parts without leaves. Today he fell off my hand, idk if it was slippery or something, he seems not interested in eating at all, and he closed his eyes a couple of times during the day. I dot have a temometer, and to keep the humidity all i do is spray the moss with water.

Today when i took him out his cage he turned orange again, an when i place him back he turns brown, is he sick or could he be bored of the cage? He is 1 year old. I can upload some pics i just dont know how to upload them

IAs for him falling and throwing up, I would say take him to a good herp vet. as for his set up, it's usually recommended that you don't keep chameleons is aquariums, but open air terrariums. make sure to reference a chameleon care sheet, that will guide you. Another thing about the glass is that he might be seeing his reflection, which could be stressing him out. Being stressed out could cause him not to eat. Hope this helps a bit. :)

Sorry your little chameleon is not feeling well. A couple of things...first of all he is new to his environment which can be very stressful at first. The aquarium and also the moss is a no no. He can eat the moss and die. Flapnecks are usually wild caught and there is a chance that he might have parasites. That could explain the lack of apetite and throwing up also. Here is a good care sheet for you to follow. This should help you get set up.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/senegal/

Thanks for everything, i see that i have to change the habbitat a soon as possible. And it sucks i choose a difficult one to take care of, plus im new to this. Ill do my best to keep him alive

Yupp, vet and a little change in his viv. Also he's probably stressed due to his move, please don't handle him more than you have to. He's already stressed from the move and handling him on a daily basis will stress him out even more.

Ok, but when his inside his cage hes brown which means he is stressed, and when i grabb him out of the cage he turns his oriinal color. Is like if the cage had something. I placed some tree branches with leaves. And i placed some paper on the sides of te glass so he stopped seening his own reflexion, that only until i have the chance to make a new cage with screen

3 days and it seems like he is being picked up and moved around a whole bunch. I will say that many chameleons get a bit of an environment shock when they are placed into a new area or when they are handled by a new owner. I would suggest leaving the little guy alone for a while and letting him adjust properly. Brown does not always mean stressed, it could mean that he is cold or too hot. Just saying man, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom