So we’ve been through:
1 she hasn’t had proper supplements her entire life
2 has been treated for dehydration in past
3 drinks from still water
4 freerange outside
5 owner doesn’t think exposed to pesticides
6 owner doesn’t think fertilizer was ingested
7 never had a fecal exam
8 the only thing left that I can think of is a genetic disorder of some sort. Where did you get your Cham? Can you track down any of her clutch mates to see if they have had any similar issues?

I thought of some more options...

Did anything out of the norm happen over the last month?

Could he possibly have gotten a hold of a toxic feeder while free ranging on the porch?

I hate to say it but I’m out of ideas, hopefully someone who has experienced something similar will come along soon. But while you are waiting for that to happen he needs to go to the vet for a parasite test. I think that’s going to be your best bet.

She's had a laying bin for a month that she ignores.
She had an eye infection. She seems to do much better after treating her with antibiotic drops.
It has been hot lately and her cage was too humid I think. But we solved that problem.
She seems to be just fine during the day. She is most happy outside on her willow tree. She might have eaten a fly or some other flying insect. We are watching her almost all the time when outside.

Just looked up the ingredients for that brand and it is not ideal for chameleons...

Check out Rep-cal products or Repashy. I use Rep-Cal plain calcium, calcium with D3 and Herptivite multivitamin.

Sticky tongue farms is another brand I've heard was good for chameleons.

Just looked up the ingredients for that brand and it is not ideal for chameleons...

Check out Rep-cal products or Repashy. I use Rep-Cal plain calcium, calcium with D3 and Herptivite multivitamin.

Sticky tongue farms is another brand I've heard was good for chameleons.

Thank you for the advise!
I would kindly ask you to explain why it is not good for the chameleon. I tottaly trust your judgement, I would just like to understand. It has Calcium, D3, A and phosphor.

Following this thread for my own general knowledge. I wasn’t expecting such an agressive shake either, that’s crazy. I wonder why this only happens at night and what’s keeping her up. My cham usually always falls asleep when his surroundings get dark. Do you have any lights on for him at night? I saw what looks like a red bulb at some point in the vid. Chameleons need total darkness to sleep. I doubt this alone would make her display that kind of behavior but I’m really curious as to why this only happens at night. So she acts totally normal during the day?

No l
Following this thread for my own general knowledge. I wasn’t expecting such an agressive shake either, that’s crazy. I wonder why this only happens at night and what’s keeping her up. My cham usually always falls asleep when his surroundings get dark. Do you have any lights on for him at night? I saw what looks like a red bulb at some point in the vid. Chameleons need total darkness to sleep. I doubt this alone would make her display that kind of behavior but I’m really curious as to why this only happens at night. So she acts totally normal during the day?

No lights at night.
She acts totally normal during the day

Phosphorous in that supplement is not needed. The chameleon will get more than enough of that from common feeders.

Also, supplementing a calcium powder with D3 in it 2-3 times per week can be dangerous depending on how high the D3 content is in the supplement. Excess D3 builds up in the chameleons system and can cause MBD-like symptoms which includes tremors or shaking, if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom