He scared the hell out of us!!!!

RobandJess

Some of you might have seen our recently posted thread of Bob's extended free range set-up we built to give our little explorer some more space to roam around as he started climbing all over the apartment (see link below)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/pictures-bobs-extended-set-up-53302/

Today we came home and couldnt find our little guy. We looked for solid 30 minutes and could for the life of us not figure out what happened. he was nowhere to be found i even started thinking somebody might have stolen him out of the apartment..lol...anyway we ended up checking the kitchen cabinets (mind you all of them were closed and always are) and sure enough bob is inside the cabinet hanging on the wooden frame!!!! :eek: i have no clue how he got there or how he opened the cabinet door...but he sure made us look like fools for a while there...

i am a bit concerned because i live in florida and our condo maintenance come to fumigate every month, not sure how it could affect him that or if he even got in touch with anything but it is a possibility. he seems very restless tonight, he usually would be asleep by now but he keeps getting up and walking around and changing locations...

should we be worried?!

also for all the free rangers in the forum, do you experience the same with your chams!? do they keep expanding their territory although you already gave them half the apartment to take over?!?! when does it end?! :p
he walks through the whole apartment sometimes and on occassion we find him on the kitchen floor when he cant find a way to get back up....any advise?

Wow that was some adventure he had... make you think, better keep looking down when your walking & if he's free ranging. That must have been scary. Maybe rise off his feet/ spray him down with some water if you didn't already. I guess not much else you can do I suppose. Also it's sounds like he was inside at the front part of the cabinet... I would think they wouldn't spray inside them & especial toward the front area.

also for all the free rangers in the forum, do you experience the same with your chams!? do they keep expanding their territory although you already gave them half the apartment to take over?!?! when does it end?! :p
he walks through the whole apartment sometimes and on occassion we find him on the kitchen floor when he cant find a way to get back up....any advise?

I haven't went there yet (no free range set up... yet), but it's becoming more & more scary to do especially after that adventure story, thanks :p Lol. My gosh they take over our lives & now our homes too :rolleyes:;):)

I would make sure to put a stop to all fumigating of your home. It could be very deadly to your cham. My chams explore everywhere. As long as they are in the house I don't worry too much. :)

My female cham has my bedroom to herself during the day, she gets up to all sorts, lol. She has a 4ft weeping fig and other plants but she would still rather climb my blinds and look out the window. God knows what people think when they walk past my house, lol.

why that little houdini!!! I would have freaked out too! Glad you found him unharmed but what a mystery of how he got INSIDE the cabinet!!:confused:

Once a month is completely insane. The cham and all feeder insects will need to be removed from your home for 48 hours every month. You skip that once and it is dead. Aside from the cham I think you personally may be in for some serious health and mental problems in the future (if not already) because of the fumigation.

p.s. the first thing those fumes do is kill your brain's ability to realize how much they are killing your brain...

Once a month is completely insane. The cham and all feeder insects will need to be removed from your home for 48 hours every month. You skip that once and it is dead. Aside from the cham I think you personally may be in for some serious health and mental problems in the future (if not already) because of the fumigation.

p.s. the first thing those fumes do is kill your brain's ability to realize how much they are killing your brain...

Seeco, the exterminator just puts a gel like substance on certain spots (under the fridge etc.) there are no actual fumes, i might have expressed that wrong...so i dont think it is much of a health risk, i think it is only harmful if it is being eaten by roaches etc....but any feeders that do get loose and walk on the apartment floor are being thrown out right away....

Oh yeah I know that gel stuff. I thought you literally got the whole place tented every month LOL! I would not worry about it BUT there are a million other things that could go wrong in a free range...

i have to say tho..i cant imagine just locking my little guy into his cage....he is so happy roaming around and i think he is way less aggressive..i wouldnt want to take that away from him, he loves his set up, i think free range is the way to go..if you can accomodate it

Back
Top Bottom