He is terrified of the humidifier

chamnoodle

Hey everyone, my male veiled chameleon seems to be scared of the humidifier I have for him. I put the tube on the top of his cage and the fog goes down. (I dont have it inside the cage) and he seems to be completely fine with it being there but when I turn it on for when he is about to go to sleep he does NOT like the fog, he puffs up and gets his angry colors on lol. I turn it off and he is fine. I wasnt sure if I should just keep it on and let him get use to it or if that would cause him too much stress. I am having a problem getting my humidity up too. (during the day it is usually 45%)

Hey everyone, my male veiled chameleon seems to be scared of the humidifier I have for him. I put the tube on the top of his cage and the fog goes down. (I dont have it inside the cage) and he seems to be completely fine with it being there but when I turn it on for when he is about to go to sleep he does NOT like the fog, he puffs up and gets his angry colors on lol. I turn it off and he is fine. I wasnt sure if I should just keep it on and let him get use to it or if that would cause him too much stress. I am having a problem getting my humidity up too. (during the day it is usually 45%)
Your daytime humidity is fine for a Veiled... They need 30-50% max daytime. Fogger should only be running at night when temps are below 68... Typically this is well after they are asleep.

Your daytime humidity is fine for a Veiled... They need 30-50% max daytime. Fogger should only be running at night when temps are below 68... Typically this is well after they are asleep.
So should I just turn it on after he is asleep? And yes, I only have it on at night

Back
Top Bottom