Having trouble with humidity

KnK

My night time humidity is not rising up. It sits between 58 to 68. I have a mistking running for 4 minutes at 9pm and then I mist again at 12am for 30 seconds. I also put a shower curtain on the left side and one on the back and still no change.

Are you getting good night time temp drops like down to 60-65? You really need these for getting increased humidity with misting. Having a lot of live plants helps as well. You may need to line the other side panel leaving the top and front door panel uncovered.

Are you getting good night time temp drops like down to 60-65? You really need these for getting increased humidity with misting. Having a lot of live plants helps as well. You may need to line the other side panel leaving the top and front door panel uncovered.

Yea they are going to need to make a wrap around to make the humdity go up. doing 2 sides just makes it the same as putting the cage in a corner. And 2 mists in like 10 hours isnt going to do much anyway...

Are you getting good night time temp drops like down to 60-65? You really need these for getting increased humidity with misting. Having a lot of live plants helps as well. You may need to line the other side pan

Ok I’ll try wrappping the other side too then. Right now these are the plants I have. I have another one I need to put in it but haven’t yet. So with the misting I do now is that ok?

Ok I’ll try wrappping the other side too then. Right now these are the plants I have. I have another one I need to put in it but haven’t yet. So with the misting I do now is that ok?
This picture did not attach.

I have a mistking running for 4 minutes at 9pm and then I mist again at 12am for 30 seconds.
Are these the only times you mist? Or are you misting during the day?

My plants

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 47
Chameleon Academy has been putting out some great information about night time humidity. I have personally started to work with fogging. A great way to increase humidity without soaking a sleeping cham.

Reptisun T5 5.0 22in bulb and 24 light fixture and a 65W basking bulb
Then I have a LED light for the plants

Reptisun T5 5.0 22in bulb and 24 light fixture and a 65W basking bulb
Then I have a LED light for the plants
Are those LED or are they the tube bulbs as well? I am asking because LED will light up an entire cage and your cage looks really dark.

Are those LED or are they the tube bulbs as well? I am asking because LED will light up an entire cage and your cage looks really dark.
My house is a bit dark, I use the LED ones. I actually got the exact one that the Neptune The Chameleon used. I got all my stuff from what she recommended. Then I also have a jungle back ground as well.

Chameleon Academy has been putting out some great information about night time humidity. I have personally started to work with fogging. A great way to increase humidity without soaking a sleeping cham.
I didn’t even see this comment. Thank you I will check that out then. Also, what humidity machine do you use ?

I didn’t even see this comment. Thank you I will check that out then. Also, what humidity machine do you use ?
I hand mist my pets the morning and evening so I don't stress them by blasting them in the face. I've just started using a basic 2 litre fogger on a timer to go on at 2am for 2 hours. Trying different settings to see what works best during seasonal changes. I live in Canada so we get cold winter and hot summer.

I hand mist my pets the morning and evening so I don't stress them by blasting them in the face. I've just started using a basic 2 litre fogger on a timer to go on at 2am for 2 hours. Trying different settings to see what works best during seasonal changes. I live in Canada so we get cold winter and hot summer.
I used to mist in the morning but then humidity was up during the day and I’m in Florida . So the only thing I do now is lights off at 830pm and 9 pm the mister goes on for 4 minutes and then at midnight it goes off at 12am for 30 seconds. I order a digger machine and it will be here tomorrow. So overwhelming and confusing.

Don't overwhelm yourself. Look it as a journey together with your cham to understand what he likes and dislikes. Every day brings new knowledge and embrace it. Personally I love this community and I enjoy dedicating personal time to learn what our keepers do rather than watching meaningless shorts on social media. Have fun with fogging and misting!

Don't overwhelm yourself. Look it as a journey together with your cham to understand what he likes and dislikes. Every day brings new knowledge and embrace it. Personally I love this community and I enjoy dedicating personal time to learn what our keepers do rather than watching meaningless shorts on social media. Have fun with fogging and misting!
Ah sounds easy to not be overwhelmed. I do need help with a few other things. Do you need to make oh whole new post for help?

Back
Top Bottom