Having trouble grabbing chameleon??

OfficialChameleon

HEY!

Well, if you have ever had :D grabbing/luring a chameleon onto your hand or cloth to remove him or bring him outside, heres what I do, I put his favorit grub inside of a plastic baggy, then put it just outside his range, and as he moves toward it, move it away then, once he is on your hand/back in his cage.... give him the grub!

-works every time :)

HEY!

Well, if you have ever had :D grabbing/luring a chameleon onto your hand or cloth to remove him or bring him outside, heres what I do, I put his favorit grub inside of a plastic baggy, then put it just outside his range, and as he moves toward it, move it away then, once he is on your hand/back in his cage.... give him the grub!

-works every time :)

What would you do if he shot the plastic bag, and his tongue got stuck?

imo, much better if you can coax him , far less stressful. a small piece of climbing branch offers a familiar coaxing tool, imo, establishing a bond of trust is far more rewarding for you and healthier for him. even the nastiest of chams will usually come around when allowed to adjust at their own pace.

that being said i realize its not always practical to stand there for 20 min. clearly some methods work better than others

http://screameleons.com/how-to-handle-your-chameleon-properly/

another thing you can try to break the ice is let him walk out of his cage and then see if you can coax him onto your hand. they are often less threatened by a hand when they are out of their cage.

jmo

Last edited:

excellent point, getting stuck is a very real possibility and doing so would likely cause a serious tongue injury. tongue injuries are often fatal.

Laurie-

You are very right :) I thought about this and realized how dangerous that could be... I think maybe putting a mealworm/silkworm or even holding a cricket in your palm would do...:p

Back
Top Bottom