Having trouble getting my graceful to eat!!!!

curtney12

I purchased a graceful chameleon about two weeks ago and i am having trouble getting him to eat. I was told he is about a year old and he is captive bred not WC, I have tried to cup feed to monitor what he is actually eating. My set up is a 5.0 repti glo uvb coupled with a 50 watt red zilla basking light and my temps stay between 75-80 degrees . i have a screen cage that is 4ft high and 2ft by 2ft. I mist in the morning and in the evening and i use a dripper during the day i also have a fogger to help with humidity. I am looking for suggestions on hand feeding as well. Thank You!
:(

What are you offering as food? Chameleons like variety in their diet, so try a mix of crickets, superworms, silkworms, and things that fly.

I would raise your basking temp about 5-10 degrees and change out the red bulb for white. I never figured out why they sell these red lights. White simulates the sun more than red. Just use a regular housebulb. If you get some worms like silkworm or hornworm you can just set them on a branch and they will eat them like that. Do you have plenty of foliage in your cage for your chameleon to hide? How far is your basking branch down from your light?

Back
Top Bottom