Having trouble finding greens to gutload my crickets

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have even gone to the health food store. Most places just sell lettuces of different kinds. I can’t find collard greens or dandelion greens or any of the greens mentioned in the stuff to gutload feeders with. Right now my crickets have some sweet potato and carrots and the Mazuri gutload mix.

You can always add in Repashy Bug Burger round everything up until you find more ingredients (and even after)

Whattt, in Maine especially, you definitely have health food stores there with greens lol. Any whole foods? I'm in Pennsylvania and I can get cactus pads and unicorn feathers, I'm sure you can find some stuff there. If not, go pick some dandelion leaves from an untouched place, I have a few large ones growing in my yard for just that reason lol.

Whattt, in Maine especially, you definitely have health food stores there with greens lol. Any whole foods? I'm in Pennsylvania and I can get cactus pads and unicorn feathers, I'm sure you can find some stuff there. If not, go pick some dandelion leaves from an untouched place, I have a few large ones growing in my yard for just that reason lol.
Unicorn Feathers?

Nat Geo Wild Wtf GIF by Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER

I only have one health food store and they have different kinds of lettuce and beets with the greens attached But that was about all I could find on the list of bug foods to make your own gutload. Even the beet greens weren’t on that list. I have Repashy super load coming from Rainbow mealworms as well as some small Dubia roaches and Bsfl. Do I feed the Bsfl or do I refrigerate those?

With the Repashy Superload, don't feed it as an every day food, just as actual gutload overnight before feeding off or something. It's not good long-term for insects health, it's meant for the chameleon's health. With the BSFL, you can feed them, refrigerate them, and pupate them! Refrigeration keeps the BSFL from pupating.

Thank you for the info. Now what do I feed on a daily basis then if not the repashy super load? Or maybe I should ask which is a good commercial gut load?

The Super Load is a great commercial gutload, just feed it to the bugs being fed off the night before to a few hours before feeding them off. You can feed the other stuff with it too, and use the other stuff 24/7, as well

Thank you for the info. Now what do I feed on a daily basis then if not the repashy super load? Or maybe I should ask which is a good commercial gut load?
I feed my bugs a variety of stuff…bell peppers, various squashes, carrot, sweet potato, blue berries, raspberries, melons, even peas and basically whatever I have too much of for feeding my beardie. I also supplement with Repashy Bug Burger that I occasionally add a sprinkle of bee pollen and spirulina to. My roach colony also gets all the things I’ve bought to try to get my beardie to eat his salads like dragon fruit cubes & such. Being roaches, they pretty much will eat anything.

I just met the sweetest chameleon mom who’s a member here but I don’t know if she wants her name mentioned or not so I won’t but she lives a town over from me and brought me some fresh gut load she had just made along with some dubia roaches to try!! She also shared her Cham vets name with me and her experience with them so now I know where to take my little guy for his wellness check and poop check. Eustis will get roaches for breakfast in the morning! :) Thanks everyone for your help and thank you JannB for looking up reptile vets in my area. I appreciate it!

I just met the sweetest chameleon mom who’s a member here but I don’t know if she wants her name mentioned or not so I won’t but she lives a town over from me and brought me some fresh gut load she had just made along with some dubia roaches to try!! She also shared her Cham vets name with me and her experience with them so now I know where to take my little guy for his wellness check and poop check. Eustis will get roaches for breakfast in the morning! :)
That's AMAZING! Whoever it is did good and deserves some applause!

Back
Top Bottom