Have you seen these before!!!!?????

chameleonneeds

Avid Member
Hey all I just want to know if you have ever been browsing the net and come accross any of these pictures or if they were on the forum. If you have seen them before please tell me. THIS IS URGENT

Male ambilobe
7monthbluebarambilobemale1.jpg

Female sambava
THEFEMALEAVAILABLE.jpg

Male sambava
Sambavas.jpg

Please let me know

Thanks

havent seen them. whats so urgent? might make people more intrested to give you an awnser if they knew

Easy way to avoid scammers: Now tell the person that he or she should make pics of exactly those animals sitting in their enlosure or on a branch. For a serious guy no problem, for a scammer impossible ;)

10 points for you Ben haha.

Yeah just to make sure I am not being scammed. I was going to ask if they could show me another pic or the ambilobe fired up and the sambava chilled out.

Thanks kent yeah also thought that was male. Well then its certain this person is a scammer.

Still asked for the other pics and would love to see what kind of reply I would get.

I have seen the top picture here on the boards and also at kingsnake.com classifieds when looking for my new addition. I dunno just be sure to ask a bunch of questions and go with the gut feeling. I know I almost gave in to a scam once with a picture I questioned here though people made sure it didn't happen :)

I'm pretty sure the first picture is from Cogan Chameleons. She is legit, I have been to her house before and seen her at reptile expos. She has some posted on kingsnake and on here.

How do people scam you? By saying you will get one chameleon and giving you another or something?

Ok thanks 100% scammer then.

The guy who apparently will sell me these chameleosn is a guy in cameroon:rolleyes:

He constantly askes for my address and that I must pay the $200 then he will send the chameleons.

What they do is tell you they will sell you the animals. For a unknowledged person they might get excited if they see that there is a chameleons like that for sale. Thats especialy for south africans because we dont have alot of cham species.
So then they you will pay the money into their account, then you will never hear from them again and you will never get the chams. You can call the bank and as about their bank account and they will tell you the bank account has been closed and all money was with drawn. See as soon as you send the money the account is closed and you will never hear from that person again.

But you have to look at every little aspect to catch them out.

But sometimes they are very obvious. A couple months ago a guy tried selling me jacksons 1000 a pair. He told me his jacksons are way better than Wildcaughts or HATCHLINGS (jacksons dont lay eggs). And they kept on assuring me that these chameleons had layed eggs.
And dont tell me no maybe it was johnstons. In the pics they were merus.

So thats how. Probably less likely to happen in the U.S

Oh okay, I understand now. I'm glad you checked it out first! Do a lot of people have chameleons in South Africa?

The poor guys in South Africa have just a douzen of Bradypodion species and the incredible Chamaeleo namaquensis ;)

Hahaha yeah ben of which we can be fined an amazing $10 660 for keeping those bradypodions.

But in the future I might be able to get my hands on namaquensis:cool:

There are quite alot keeping flap neck chameleons. Not too many keeping bradypodions though.

The exotics: Plenty keepers and breeders of veiled chameleons, there is 1 local of panthers that are sometimes being sold, ambanjas I have a trio and will be 1 of a few breeders. There are definetely a few other people with a few other locals but they keep that a secret until they have enough chams to totaly flood the market. There are a few mellers being bred. I know of someone who will have CB melleri in a couple months. Some fischers going around, very few jacksons which alot of people want.

And quite a few parsons going around saw one recently for R10 000. Very expensive!

But yes our market is growing, mostly because people are smuggling chameleons as that is our only way to get more species

S.A is the kind of place where if you brought a trio of a few different locals of panthers, some cool species from madagascar, west africa and east africa, some rampholeons, some parsons, nice veileds, oustalets, montiums, quads and a few other rare species to south africa then what you do is start a breeding facility.

Breed all the chams and hatch them out, hold back all your stock and breed them then sell off all that except for some pairs, of each so you are basicly flooding the market. But poeple will be prepared to pay atleast 3000 each for just 1 of those chams.

Then if you think of it. . .if you only sell juvi chams then it will take all the poeple you sold to about a year maybe 2 before they have hatchlings. So you can breed the same way for 2 years and you will probably make enough money to retire on . . . :)

Seriously thats how the market is here in SA so do me a favour if anyone comes to sa, please bring me some cool species in your pockets

Thanks for this reminder of why I only but chameleons from my forum friends and our sponsors. I have never been ripped off by any of them.:D:D:D

Thanks for this reminder of why I only but chameleons from my forum friends and our sponsors. I have never been ripped off by any of them.:D:D:D

Lol yeah you are lucky you can do that

And you know smuggling isnt that hard ;) and I didnt say endangered species. Just some panthers man :)

That male in the first pic look identical to my male I mean like everything is the same really scary but I'm not selling him and I'm not that scammer lol

Lol yeah he sent me more pics of chams almost the same looking will post them up tomorrow.

Oh yes and forgot to tell you guys I first came across this guy on chameleons forums, it was a while back and I cant remember his member name.

A good way to avoid this is to ask the seller for new or additional images of the chameleon you are interested it. If they actually have the animal in question there should be no problems sending you another picture or two. You can also be specific - i.e. please send me a shot of the chameleon's under belly or something specific that only you would ask for.

Back
Top Bottom