Have I done something wrong?

Smiles

Hello you peeps.... I’m not just a new member, I’m completely new to the world of chameleons. And I’m besotted.... I’ve spent almost two months trying to get things right.... and tweaking and learning almost every day! .... and almost every search I’ve made ( out of hundreds! ) it comes up every time with you guys.... and thank you soooooi very much! But just yesterday I had message asking for my husbandry... no prob! ... I will Admit hideous probs with uploading photos !!!) But i answered all the questions and I still need help! ..... and my upload got resounding silence! have I got it all wrong ? I want to know my tiny scaley beast is okay, I want to know if he’s how old i was told, I really want to know if he’s happy... or...if Im torturing him. This whole adventure for me turned out to be ..... a nightmare, and untrue.... I m working really hard to get it right ... and I kinda really rely on this forum to help ! Have I done something wrong ?

Yes it’s that thread.... I’ve got a small chameleon, never ever been near a reptile until 8 weeks ago ... all I can do is research, and ask questions ( which is how you learn! ) I obviously got .... misled..... when I bought them. ( quite pissed off about THAT! ) but now I would like advice ... and people where extremely helpful on here! Then I was asked to fill out a form.... which I have.... took about an hour .... plus I haven’t done female yet! That’s to come! ... and no one is talking.
okay... one question then.... how old is he ? I know from what I’ve seen, and researched he can’t be 8 months old can he?

I forgot to mention in the other thread that with females once they are sexually mature you want to be careful not to over feed them so you don't push them to produce large clutches, develop MBD and even possibly prolapses. They can be like chickens and produce eggs even without mating...so once they are mature they should have a laybin in their cage at all times.

Hello you peeps.... I’m not just a new member, I’m completely new to the world of chameleons. And I’m besotted.... I’ve spent almost two months trying to get things right.... and tweaking and learning almost every day! .... and almost every search I’ve made ( out of hundreds! ) it comes up every time with you guys.... and thank you soooooi very much! But just yesterday I had message asking for my husbandry... no prob! ... I will Admit hideous probs with uploading photos !!!) But i answered all the questions and I still need help! ..... and my upload got resounding silence! have I got it all wrong ? I want to know my tiny scaley beast is okay, I want to know if he’s how old i was told, I really want to know if he’s happy... or...if Im torturing him. This whole adventure for me turned out to be ..... a nightmare, and untrue.... I m working really hard to get it right ... and I kinda really rely on this forum to help ! Have I done something wrong ?
1586828939493.png
1586828970861.png

Thank you! ..... gutloading seems to be okay... and I take your point on fatty worms etc. Problem is a bit strange .... I think he must have been quite poorly fed when I got him ... the first day we offered food. ( and I had no idea what to expect) he ate 12 locust, one after the other! ... it slowed down after that... and about two weeks later stopped eating altogether ! I probably got into bad habits in my desperation to get him to eat anything .... I think we are getting it sorted slowly. These little guys are very .... complex ..... are they not ! , but with you guys n the background I’m learning ?

@Smiles Hi hun you did receive very thorough feedback in your other thread in post 17 but you will need to click to expand it and read all her comments in red. @kinyonga went through everything for you. I think you may have missed the post.
Here is the direct link to it
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...abies-hell-bent-on-escape.174488/post-1559239

Additionally I will give you some quality resource links.
amazing cham podcast: www.chameleonbreeder.com
Website with all correct info done by Bill Strand: www.chameleonacademy.com
One of our members youtubes with great videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3n4S2GRkOGfk2U8-xhaw6Q

@Smiles Hi hun you did receive very thorough feedback in your other thread in post 17 but you will need to click to expand it and read all her comments in red. @kinyonga went through everything for you. I think you may have missed the post.
Here is the direct link to it
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...abies-hell-bent-on-escape.174488/post-1559239

Additionally I will give you some quality resource links.
amazing cham podcast: www.chameleonbreeder.com
Website with all correct info done by Bill Strand: www.chameleonacademy.com
One of our members youtubes with great videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3n4S2GRkOGfk2U8-xhaw6Q
Ohhhhh .... thank you !! I shall do my homework! Looks like some good reading/ watching ..... wish I’d had more reliable information from the very beginning.... and I certainly wish I’d never set foot in ‘pet store’ that I acquired him and her from .... ?.
Still , with all the help you guys have given, I think I’m getting there! ..... and I wouldn’t be without him ... he’s fabulous ?

Back
Top Bottom