Hates the color red

lokiopolis

Established Member
Hello everyone, I've been lurking here a while, first time posting. I've had my veiled cham for about a month, everything has been going fine.

Though I've noticed she seems to have a furious hatred towards the color red. Shes pretty chill anytime I walk by the enclosure or watch her, unless I approach wearing anything red, then its game over and we get all puffed up and hissy. Same thing goes for my phone, if I try and take any photos with the case off she ignores it and couldn't care less, but if I forget to take the red case off beforehand, its like I've unleashed some sort of demon. I've been joking she hates the color red, but family members have mentioned getting hisses in passing specifically when they are wearing red as well so it doesn't seem to be just my perception.

I was wondering if there was any sort of possible explanation in terms of predatory instincts? or whether I she just has a unique personally trait and I should avoid wearing red clothing to appease the little ball of fury...

My chameleon reacted negatively to dark colors at first -- not so much anymore because I think at this point I am fairly well paired with food, however when I would wear black or darker colors I would notice she would hide. For a while when I was working on "bonding" or "taming" or however you wanna name us getting used to each other, I would try to wear floral patterns. Figured as much as I could look like a plant! (Stupid probably, but at least I looked super cute!)

I will say -- that when I got a giant luna moth tattooed around the wrist of my feeding hand -- she was none too pleased for about a week.

Thank you! That is a very interesting thread, nice to know other people are having similar experiences.

Back
Top Bottom