Hatching/egg panther chameleon

Ahri

Hello, I need some advice or answers why my eggs aren't hatching at the same time. I have 5 eggs incubating at 74 and the humidity is around 60-70%. I had them incubating for 8 months and one hatched today.... but the one that hatch was the smallest one that I thought wasn't going to make it. The baby came out healthy with no problems. I'm just concern on the other eggs that are bigger but still havent hatched. If anyone had something like this I would love to get any feedback if the other eggs are okay. Thank you
20191213_213704.jpg
20191213_093227.jpg
20191213_213717.jpg

Hello, I need some advice or answers why my eggs aren't hatching at the same time. I have 5 eggs incubating at 74 and the humidity is around 60-70%. I had them incubating for 8 months and one hatched today.... but the one that hatch was the smallest one that I thought wasn't going to make it. The baby came out healthy with no problems. I'm just concern on the other eggs that are bigger but still havent hatched. If anyone had something like this I would love to get any feedback if the other eggs are okay. Thank youView attachment 253505View attachment 253506View attachment 253507
Hello there and congratulations . They will likely all hatch over the next 3 or 4 days . Sometimes it’s a week or so between .

Let me add I’m not a breeder . I have only hatched 5 eggs with lots and lots of help from whom I received the eggs from . If you have more concerns others I’m sure will chime in or you can message the original breeder .

When we place the eggs with some separation it makes them hatch more individually. i don't think they get the "pheromones" from the others stepping over them,, etc that happens when they hatch in a pile in the ground.

Size differences in the eggs may be partly to do with the amount of water they take on...moisture levels may vary a bit throughout the incubation container and even temperature could vary a few degrees.

It's not usually something to worry about. Some can hatch several weeks after another.

I have had clutches vary in hatch date by as much as 6 weeks between individual eggs. Also, are you fully familiar with the "piping" process that happens just before final hatching? First time cam step-parents can find this process confusing and very worrying, at least from what I have read as frequently questioned and misunderstood.

I assume nothing as regards your personal knowledge or experience, but if you aren't familiar with the process / possible timeline, just say so and I would be happy to share what I have dealt with as well as I am sure others have plenty of good advice to share.

Regardless, congrats on your hatching!

Update. Unfortunately two baby chameleons died.. one did not hatch completely... and the other was premature... I still have two eggs in my incubator. Hopefully those hatch fine

Attachments

• 20191225_213904.jpg
    20191225_213904.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 153
Do you keep opening the incubator to check on them? If so, you may be messing up the humidity and making it harder for the babies to get out of the eggs.

Are you touching/moving the babies when they are still curled up and not out of the egg completely...maybe because you think they're dead...instead if leaving them alone to go through the the process on their own like they need to?

Last edited:
I've had some pip for 5 - 7 days I thought was dead then started moving now they are healthy as ever little chamlings, don't pull them out of the eggs, they are still absorbing nutrients from the embryo sac and don't assume they are dead, cosistent temp of 68 - 70 will get them going

Do you keep opening the incubator to check on them? If so, you may be messing up the humidity and making it harder for the babies to get out of the eggs.

Are you touching/moving the babies when they are still curled up and not out of the egg completely...maybe because you think they're dead...instead if leaving them alone to go through the the process on their own like they need to?
When the egg was peeping i didnt bother him for 72 hours. I notice his neck was bent. I thought he must have died from an odd angle. The other eggs were very yolky. There was no signs of development :/

I've had some pip for 5 - 7 days I thought was dead then started moving now they are healthy as ever little chamlings, don't pull them out of the eggs, they are still absorbing nutrients from the embryo sac and don't assume they are dead, cosistent temp of 68 - 70 will get them going
After my first one hatched 3 weeks ago none of the eggs but one went into the pipping stage but after 72hours he was still in the egg with his tongue out.

Back
Top Bottom