hatched veileds memorial day weekend

craig

Hi. My veileds hatched out yesterday, today and they may be hatching tomorrow too. I just ordered crickets for them this morning but won't be here until Wednesday because they can't ship out today for the holiday. Other pet stores around here sell the larger crickets but I believe they are closed. ANyone know of any other shops around new port richey that may have pin heads? Also, will it be ok to just wait and give them food on wednesday? Thank you. Craig.

Well-crud-I just happen to have a ton of pins and no one to feed them to! My eggs have not hatched yet. You will NOT be able to wait until Wednesday to feed the ones that hatched out yesterday/today. They will certainly need to eat before then! Want to make a deal? :)

Do you have any Petsmarts there? They sell flightless fruitfiles that will probably get you through until Wednesday. They have little cultures that are self sustaining up to five weeks. Get three or four cultures depending on how many hatchlings you have.

Actually ... mine didn't eat for a day or two after they hatched. And even then they didn't eat very much. If the stores are open tomorrow you should be fine. Just make sure to give them some water to keep them hydrated. I'm sure that the babies are still full of nourishment from their yolk sacs.

However ... I'm sure you could make a good deal with Julie as well. So you may want to go that route anyways!!

But Julie ... you know what will happen if you get rid of all your pinheads!! ;) That's a great way to get your eggs to hatch!! LOL

Dyesub Dave. :D

Thanks for the replies everyone. Hi Juli, just emailed you, sorry, was at work. So far I think I have 31 running around and more heads are poking out of the eggs:eek: I want to find some real close to NPR:p my F250 diesel 4x4 is killing in diesel at 11.5mpg and $4.79 diesel:( But if I don't find any around here maybe I can purchase 100 from you Juli to tie me over till wednesday? I keep spraying the tank so they have water. Juli, I would really like fruit fly cultures if you have them as well. Thanks again everyone!

so far there are 39 running around and another head is popping out. Hopefully I can get all 44 to hatch:D

fruitflies at petsmart are a hit and miss, i saw them selling dead cultures for weeks and then one day viola, nice new cultures, i was like wow!!! too bad my chams are too big to enjoy them now.

Hi Ken. Yeah, petsmart near me didn't have them but petco had them and when I showed up, they were all out:mad: I bought baby mealworms instead but they didn't show much interest in them. Now I have 40 babies. I have the fruitfly cultures arriving in the mail soon so that will be good to change them up from the pin heads every now and then. I will let you know when I will be officially letting them go to new homes. Thanks! Craig.

Oh yes Juli, they came today and the chameleons loved them:D The fruit flys and the phoenix worms will be here soon too. Thank you!

lol, sorry boca, my friend will be coming over to take pics, my camera isn't clear. I have 41 running around now:p

Well they are here. Sorry for the late pics. Now up for adoption. They are feeding on large pins, flightless fruitflies, phoenix worms and beetle larvae. $30 each. Thank you!
Picture387.jpg

Back
Top Bottom