Hatch your own panther egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander1

Avid Member
IMG_3118.PNG
Ran into this while surfing the inter web... apparently this seller is shipping panther chameleon eggs for you to try and hatch on your own, he eliminated tons of overhead associated with raising babies.. selling the eggs for a fraction of the price of a babe Cham. Thoughts?

I know of a couple breeders that have sold lots and lots of eggs. Very doable. Eggs must be under 2 months old. There is no development going on inside during that time. Eggs can be turned upside down with no problems. But the price seems a bit insane. I sell 2 month babies for cheaper than that in 10 lots. Individually I sell them for $75-$100 at 2 months old and they are ALIVE and thriving at that point. I'd say for an ambilobi egg your paying to much if your spending more than $20. Just my opinion. Ambilobis are a dime a dozen. Some bloodlines are worth more than others. But as unhatched eggs there's very little value. What if it doesn't hatch?

Babies are also very difficult to care for, so without the right conditions for it, it will die. Personally I would rather buy a 3 to 4 month baby cham that is easier to care for and has a better survival chance if the care is not exactly right.

Ive seen this auction before. The person seems to know what he/she is doing I agree the price is totally hight but i think if you buy 3-4 eggs he will take less than 60 per egg. If your just looking for the whole egg experience I havent really seen anywhere else selling any types of eggs for mailing cheaper than that.

All I am going to say after having bough 5 eggs and only having 2 ever hatch. If you but Eggs, know the climate they require and moisture ext. but also only buy them if you have a guarantee or your MONEY back! If no guarantee say you will NOT pay over $40 per egg. This is vital. Not all eggs are even fertilized and some of these are literally scams I have heard. So $60 per 0 chance of hatching eggs is like stealing man don't fall for it of limit how much you're willing to gamble with. If even 1 out of the 4 eggs you buy hatches you still are saving money if you payed $40 an egg. These are my thoughts.

I know of a couple breeders that have sold lots and lots of eggs. Very doable. Eggs must be under 2 months old. There is no development going on inside during that time. Eggs can be turned upside down with no problems. But the price seems a bit insane. I sell 2 month babies for cheaper than that in 10 lots. Individually I sell them for $75-$100 at 2 months old and they are ALIVE and thriving at that point. I'd say for an ambilobi egg your paying to much if your spending more than $20. Just my opinion. Ambilobis are a dime a dozen. Some bloodlines are worth more than others. But as unhatched eggs there's very little value. What if it doesn't hatch?

Hello! My name is Cierra, I currently have two veild chameleons, three anoles (one is a baby I hatched myself) and one crocodile skink. I just recently built two six feet screen enclosures for my other cams and I have always dreamed of having my own Panther chameleon. I also saw this add regarding hatching your own chameleon but then I found this post. I also REALLY want to try to hatch my own considering the bond is stronger when you do. Is there any possible way you would help me find cheaper eggs? I don't want to take a $70.00 dollar gamble. I live in the U.S and I understand shipping is going to be pricey but I'd really like to give this my best shot!

Looking forward to hearing from you!! Thanks!!

Hello! My name is Cierra, I currently have two veild chameleons, three anoles (one is a baby I hatched myself) and one crocodile skink. I just recently built two six feet screen enclosures for my other cams and I have always dreamed of having my own Panther chameleon. I also saw this add regarding hatching your own chameleon but then I found this post. I also REALLY want to try to hatch my own considering the bond is stronger when you do. Is there any possible way you would help me find cheaper eggs? I don't want to take a $70.00 dollar gamble. I live in the U.S and I understand shipping is going to be pricey but I'd really like to give this my best shot!

Looking forward to hearing from you!! Thanks!!
By all means, try to hatch an egg, but do it for the challenge, for the learning experience or for the fun. Don’t do it because “the bond is stronger”.

We also have a classified section in this forum where people sell their chams and eggs too (and other stuff). You may have luck there, I'm not 100% tho cause I haven't looked in a while.

Not sure if you will be able to find a reputable breeder with cheap eggs. Most of that cost goes to shipping because the eggs have to be sent overnight. I know these gentlemen may have panther eggs @Chameleon Mike @Matt Vanilla Gorilla @salty dog.
Thanks for the mention. I don't have any eggs right now. I'm holding off breeding till February or March because the shipping timeline in Northern Illinois is short and trying to get babies hatching in spring. Unfortunately I won't have any Panthers available next year at all. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of eggs from my YBBB hatching early 2021.

Just for fun I'm going to answer the question or at least put in my opinion on buying eggs. If you know the person you are dealing with and you already know all the difficulties involved in raising chameleons from the ground up then this is doable. If price is an issue or space then you will do better getting a juvenile or subadult as you will spend the difference on tiny feeders and setups. If you buy an egg you will not have the chance to pick the sex and if you are ok with that fine it can be difficult in juveniles to tell sometimes anyway.
Keep in mind there are people who will sell you infertile eggs or pass veiled off as panther eggs and disappear into the night with your money and no recourse. Buyer beware. know your seller and their reputation and do your homework then brace yourself for possible loss and heart ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom