Hasn't shed since August...

cantgetagoodsn

Avid Member
I ordered a Jackson's Cham from flchams.com and received him in August. He is a little over 1 year now. One thing I was curious about is he has only shed his face around the first few weeks and hasnt shed the rest of his body. His tail looks like it will shed any day now, but has looked like that for nearly two months now. I shower him every once and a while with warm water/humidity, and I keep the humidity up in his free range.

Any thoughts?

i would say this is normal, as they get older, they rarely shed their whole body like they did as youngsters. Also as they get older they shed less frequently since they are not growing as rapidly.

Yep, as stated above. They also may look like they are constantly shedding different parts of their bodies. My veiled almost always has a piece of shed hanging off somewhere. One week its two feet, maybe two weeks later its his tail, a few weeks after that the upper half of his body, and so on.

My adult Quad is almost constantly shedding. Yet like stated, it is always just partial sheds.
His front feet one week. His rear the next. Maybe his tail two weeks later, then his face the next month.

I highly recommend that you do a great job when gutloading his food. Don't cheap out if you are as they need both vitamins and minerals to have a healthy life and some good sheds.

Tell us what you are using for his feeders and what feeders you are using, so we maybe can help with his sheds.

Harry

My adult Quad is almost constantly shedding. Yet like stated, it is always just partial sheds.
His front feet one week. His rear the next. Maybe his tail two weeks later, then his face the next month.

I highly recommend that you do a great job when gutloading his food. Don't cheap out if you are as they need both vitamins and minerals to have a healthy life and some good sheds.

Tell us what you are using for his feeders and what feeders you are using, so we maybe can help with his sheds.

Harry

I am using cricket crack here on the forums. I was told that it was a great source of all that he needs. Im feeding crickets, sometimes waxworms/hornworms. Ive thought about ordering some silkies and see how he likes those.

:)add some fresh veggies with the cricket crack:)...have a wet gutload and a use the cricket crack as a dry gutload

but i think your guy is fine....pics?

i have a new baby now, its so much more exciting with whole body sheds, always marks a growth spurt, and new colors. My veiled are always shedding randomly, i want to pick it off so bad, but i know u should never do it... so i don't.

Cricket crack is a great product, yet I only use it 1 or 2 times a week.
I mostly use a wet gutload consisting of collards, mustard, kale, and sometimes the dark green outer leaves of romaine. I almost always use a slice of orange along with my greens or the crack for moisture. I will sometimes use carrots or sweet potato. When I can I like to add strawberrys and blueberrys.

Crack is great, but it is not the end all, be all, of what you need.
Try the above.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom