hasnt shed for a while!

chamzilla91

I have a female veiled that is 4-5 months and she has not shed for a good 6+ weeks. I have been getting worried about this. So any input on this would be great

I have a female veiled that is 4-5 months and she has not shed for a good 6+ weeks. I have been getting worried about this. So any input on this would be great

When they are ready to shed, they will. as long as they are being fed the right amount and watered correctly. she will do it when shes ready to grow agian. also, they start to slow down on the shedding around 6 months. they will start to shed about once every other month after thye hit the 6 month mark. dont worry, im sure shes fine.

What are you feeding her and how much? Are you gut loading the feeders? How often do you mist? They usually shed often when young so some more info would be helpful.

.She gets 6 or 7 crickets a day and a superworm every 3 or so days. Every feeding I dust with regular calcium. I gutload the feeders with apples, collard greens, carrots, bannanas, and oranges that are cut up into little pieces and put in the cricket keeper in a little plastic lid. I use water crystals for a water supply also for the feeders. ( I am also probably starting a colony of dubai roaches soon). I mist her cage about 4 or 5 times a day and have a humidifier in the room that she's in so the humidity stays at least 50+%. Her basking temps are84 at the hottest and then a lower one that is 80, the ambient temp is 74. Oh and I also dust the feeders with calcium w/d3 once a week and use herptivite twice a month

Back
Top Bottom