Has your male cham ever head bobbed at you..?

PlanetRemulak

Avid Member
It’s happened to me twice, now. And it’s all coming from my newest boy! He even had the stripey colors on his eye turrets that male panthers usually display when they see a lady nearby. Not sure what to make of this beyond offering him a cold shower.. 🤔

Could it be a defensive behavior?

My lateralis males both have before when I was trying to move him to a new cage before latching on to my finger tokay style and the other before jumping off the branch

My Jackson’s Xanth did that to me once when I opened the door to his cage. It was around his one year old mark when he was acting restless and all the hitting maturity stuff they do.

So, several of us have seen this happen then. I’d only heard of head bobbing in the context of a male showing interest in a female, and there certainly aren’t any around my chams.. Not by miles, lol. The door to Bastion’s cage is acrylic, so I had wondered if he was maybe seeing his reflection and getting confused. Sounds to me like it’s just another way for a cham to tell you to get lost.

@DonKeesh, thanks for that visual 😂 that is especially hilarious

I feel like I’m missing out. The only things that head bobs around my house are the wild anoles. Not even my beardie head bobs. 😞

I feel like I’m missing out. The only things that head bobs around my house are the wild anoles. Not even my beardie head bobs. 😞
Not even your beardie?? Wow...doe he wave at you?

I've had a couple of males chameleons ....nope...never mind...can't say it after all...you'll just have to use your imagination. 😟

Not even your beardie?? Wow...doe he wave at you?

I've had a couple of males chameleons ....nope...never mind...can't say it after all...you'll just have to use your imagination. 😟
No bobs, no waves from anyone except the wild anole that lives between the window and screen that teases my beardie Spike all day. 🥺 Spike just scratches the plexi to try to get to the anole and stomps around his enclosure.
When Hammlet has seen Stella he’s performed his beautiful dance, but no bobbing.

Back
Top Bottom